Pacman Yeast Available

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C2H6O

Primary
Reaction score
Does anyone know what is going on with the Pacman yeast? Every shop I look at states currently unavailable. When I follow-up with 1 vendor they indicated that they would not be able to get it again.

Thanks

Does anyone know what is going on with the Pacman yeast? Every shop I look at states currently unavailable. When I follow-up with 1 vendor they indicated that they would not be able to get it again.

Thanks

Check More Beer, I just purchased some from More Beer last week.
Though the smack-pack had been "smacked" in transit! This did not cause any catastrophe though.

Its only been available as a limited release. I believe the last time it was available was in 2010. It will probably become available again, but when is anybody's guess. You might consider emailing Wyeast for more info. http://www.wyeastlab.com/Pc1q2010.cfm

Check More Beer, I just purchased some from More Beer last week.
I wonder if what Morebeer has is remants from the 2010 release? If so you had better make a strong starter.

With San Diego Super on regular release and becoming quite popular (one could argue that these yeasts are quite similar) maybe wyeast will feel the pressure to match. Competition is the consumers friend (until there is a winner, then things aren't so grand).

From what I understand it's only available through the distributor that sells the rogue kits. Maybe the shop you talked to decided to change some internal things up and can't get it anymore. Looks like morebeer still has it though.

Back