PA/DE/MD/NJ guys: Where to buy Pliny the Elder?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1990dtgl98

Reaction score
Random question guys, but I hear good things about Pliny the Elder, but being on the east coast, its damn near impossilbe to find.

I was wondering if anyone knew where in SE PA, or even other states (I visit DE and MD pretty often), you can get Pliny the Elder and/or Pliny the Younger.

Not sure if this is the correct forum to put it in, but figured it's as good as any.

:mug::mug:

I have had it on tap at "Theresa's Next Door" in Wayne, PA. I would just check there website and the other one listed above to see when it is on tap.

As far as the Philly burbs go there are a lot of bars that will have it on tap once in awhile. TJ's Everyday, The Drafting Room, Station Taproom and Theresa's are the ones I usually check. I would suggest checking their websites on a regular basis and you'll eventually find it.

If you are looking for bottles there are some websites out there that have classified sections for people looking to trade bottles. I had a few traded to me for some local craft brew that wasn't available in CA.

Good luck!

It's tough to find. I had a friend of mine ship me some from CO because he was able to find it. The Younger is even more difficult because they don't bottle it. There is a distributor in Philly like they said but I understand he only gets a case here and there and most of that is earmark for bars not individual sale. Good luck it is well worth it

follow TJ's Everyday on Twitter, they use their feed to alert of kegs tapped and kicked, I usually get my Pliny fix when i notice it there. Theresa's has it once in a while, Firewaters has it once in a while (all burbs), but its not as easy to figure out when its on tap from them. It usually lasts a few days at TJ's also, but i'll usually bail out of work and go for lunch when it gets tapped.

I was out in Napa in May and brought 12 home with me, but that just spoiled me

Back