Oxygenation time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dscott60

Reaction score
I'm going to use an oxygen tank for the first time today. How long should I oxygenate it?

Thanks

I find that about 45 - 60 seconds is right for me for a typical brew. I use one of those small O2 cylinders you pick-up in the hardware store and a 0.2 micron SS aeration stone. I also gently swirl the carboy around while oxygenating to ensure that the O2 dissolves in quickly, rather than bubbling out the top.

FlyGuy said:
I find that about 45 - 60 seconds is right for me for a typical brew. I use one of those small O2 cylinders you pick-up in the hardware store and a 0.2 micron SS aeration stone. I also gently swirl the carboy around while oxygenating to ensure that the O2 dissolves in quickly, rather than bubbling out the top.

How much does one of those cost?

I go for 90 seconds. Works way better than aerating with an aquarium pump, plus no need to monkey with those little filters that plug up if any moisture gets on them.

Back