Oxygen Injection System using tanks from the Hardware Store

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mreed

Reaction score
Looking at the options for a better way to oxygenate my wort, and looking at getting an Oxygen Injection System.

For the oxygen source it says that you can get the oxygen tanks at the hardware store (I have used them in my torch). After all the time I take to make sure everything is clean and sterile, I am concerned that the facilities that either makes or fills the tanks that the inside of the tank is not sterile. Seems like a very efficient way to inject bacteria.

Will the In-Line Sanitary Filter clean it up? Has anyone had problems with this method?

Thanks
Mark

Used for a year. No problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Home Brew mobile app

I use the inline filter from my aeration pump system I have had. Don't know if it makes a difference or not, but it eases the mind a little.

Organisms can't live in a pure oxygen environment; so it's more likely to be free of bacteria than just about every other part of brewing equipment.

Organisms can't live in a pure oxygen environment; so it's more likely to be free of bacteria than just about every other part of brewing equipment.

I agree. I'd be more worried about impurities in the O2 canister (like oils or chemicals) than bacteria. I'm sure that's not realy too much of an issue either.

Thanks all. I appreciate it.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Home Brew mobile app

Latest posts

Back