Oxygen flow meter?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanppp

Reaction score
I have read in the Yeast book that for a 1.070 wort you should use oxygenate at 1 liter per minute for 1 minute. Problem is, I can't find an oxygen flow meter anywhere! How am I to know how much oxygen I am putting into the wort?!

Thanks!

My numbers on my O2 flow meter don't even start until 2L/min, so I turn it on at just a trickle and let it run for a minute. Works great for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks BigFloyd! This looks perfect! Just to be sure, do all O2 connections (welding tank, medical tank, disposable tank from hardware store) use the same fitting?

Nope. The CGA540 connection is for an O2 tank normally used in an ox-acetylene rig.

Nope. The CGA540 connection is for an O2 tank normally used in an ox-acetylene rig.
Hey BigFloyd, I just want to clarify: you use this in place of the standard oxygen regulator - hooked directly to your welding bottle? Or do you connect it to the outlet side of an oxygen regulator?

Hey BigFloyd, I just want to clarify: you use this in place of the standard oxygen regulator - hooked directly to your welding bottle? Or do you connect it to the outlet side of an oxygen regulator?

Direct to the valve on the bottle. No reg.

I answered your PM.

You could always weigh your tank before and after aeration, if you have a decent balance that will handle the tank. 1 liter of O2 weighs about 1.3 grams.

Back