Oxbow - Goods From The Woods Fest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, Will had mentioned CBC Fest will be Halloween. Perfect day for it!!

Hoping for pours of:

Millhouse
Dirty 30
Lucky Red Hat
Barrel Aged La Griseta

These are the 4 best draft-only Oxbow beers I've ever had.

I was up there July 26th & had the BA La Griseta. I was told there was only a small amount they aged. Hoping for you, there is more. It was delicious!

Hoping for pours of:

Millhouse
Dirty 30
Lucky Red Hat
Barrel Aged La Griseta

These are the 4 best draft-only Oxbow beers I've ever had.

Looks like all of these are on the draft list except Lucky Red Hat. Nothing spontaneous on the list they posted... Hopefully they add some of that stuff ;) Gonna need to get there early to make sure I get Dirty 30 and BA La Griseta..

Looks like all of these are on the draft list except Lucky Red Hat. Nothing spontaneous on the list they posted... Hopefully they add some of that stuff ;) Gonna need to get there early to make sure I get Dirty 30 and BA La Griseta..

Where do you see the draft list?

Looks like at least a couple of us will be up Friday night, is there anything special going on?

Looks like at least a couple of us will be up Friday night, is there anything special going on?
Not that I'm aware of. Seems everyone is either doing something on the 24th or saving up for Maine Beer Week (starts 11/1)

That means we can bang through the city Tokyo Drift style!
tokyo-drift-o.gif

I'm progressively more upset I have to go to a wedding that day.
That day is going to be crazy up there - Dinner release, Swish release, GFTW, Ghoulschip release, Mott the lesser release, and garrison city is releasing a BA stout and cans of a double IPA.

That day is going to be crazy up there - Dinner release, Swish release, GFTW, Ghoulschip release, Mott the lesser release, and garrison city is releasing a BA stout and cans of a double IPA.
Yeah all of that haha

I've actually heard more buzz around the garrison city release than I would have thought... Believe me I didn't go searching for that info lol
Garrison City is a ****ing joke.

Wow, that's harsh. Care to elaborate?
Extremely overpriced beer. $150 sixtels. Scotch tape notes in all beers ever since the horrible brett beer that have led to cross contamination because they don't know anything about cleaning their systems, or culture in general.

Extremely overpriced beer. $150 sixtels. Scotch tape notes in all beers ever since the horrible brett beer that have led to cross contamination because they don't know anything about cleaning their systems, or culture in general.
I see. Thank you for the info.

In that case, where should I go for beer sans the high prices & scotch tape?

Hey GFTW-veterans how do pours work?

You buy tickets (2 bucks each last year, i want to say?) and different beers cost different amounts of tickets for different size pours.. EG, regular FPA might be one ticket (or maybe the minimum was 2 tickets, i don't remember) for a fairly large pour, first fruits or something might be two or three for a smaller pour... Last year there were no tickets included with entrance price - I assume this year will be the same, as if you consider each bottle we're getting to cost $15, the price hasn't changed. It doesn't sound like a super good deal, but honestly I was totally satisfied last year and didn't actually end up spending that much cash on tickets.

Also there's likely to be free beer from at least a couple places, one of which you'll have to discover for yourself :)

Tickets. Last year they had multiple different spots on site that were pouring... each beer was worth a different amount of tickets

Yeah, last year there were five main pouring stations, I think? in the tasting room, in the brewery, two on the far side of the pond (maybe just one?) and one on the near side of the pond.

How early would I feasibly have to book the airbnb on the property?

It was still available when tickets went on sale this year... It's pretty expensive because it sleeps like 9 (and there's a multi night minimum) so I don't think it's super hard to book...

Shitlord manor Maine edition?

I thought cedar was involved, but could be making it up. I do know they found an old boat near the brewery, chopped it up and aged the beer on it (seriously)

#30 was aged on cedar. Really looking forward this treatment on BAFPA.

Back