Overkill chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doughaas

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Until recently I've been using a "budget" immersion chiller purchased 10 years ago when I was a poor college student. 20' of 3/8" copper coil with vinyl tubing held on with zip ties. Not the most efficient. Long story short I kinked both ends while trying to reshape it to accommodate a recirc setup and now I've built what I hope will be the final immersion chiller I ever need.

For a long time I've been intimidated by the thought of ruining an expensive coil but I finally said screw it and went for it. It's mostly done so here I am to show it off. This was my first attempt at building one of these and sweating copper

50' of 1/2" copper tubing shaped into 2 coils and tee'd together and recirculation to boot. All I know so far is it doesn't leak from my crappy sweated joints. Hopefully I can find some time to test it out soon but first I need to finish my pump box. I think it came out pretty well.

image-2096097912.jpg

image-909466159.jpg

Back