Overflow, opinions needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickN

Reaction score
Ok. I have a lot of overflow through the airlock. I know, I should have had a blow off tube. My question is, should I add one now? Do nothing? Just clean the airlock?

If I pull off the airlock and rubber cap do I need to be really fast in the replacement/cleaning?

Overflow.jpg

Yes. Change to blow-off tube.
Yes. Be quick about it.

When you pull off the stopper, the goo will keep coming out. Positive pressure is good.

I would recommend moving to the proper right side up portion of the world. May want to change that soon.. before it plugs up good and you get a fountain of krausen where you don't really want it. Next time i'd recommend starting with a blowoff for a few days till you see what its going to do.

NOVA5 is right I cannot believe that thing hasn't just blown everywhere laying on its side like that.....seriously, just attach a blowoff now. No big deal

NOVA5 is right I cannot believe that thing hasn't just blown everywhere laying on its side like that.....seriously, just attach a blowoff now. No big deal

Ok. Thanks. So with a blowoff do you typically remove it after a few days and go down to the typical 3 piece airlock?

Latest posts

Back