Overfilled Corny

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodstone

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ha.

Overfilled a 5G corny this morning transfering a "house ale"...was busy washing something, heard the siphon slurp, looked up, a pint (or two) on the floor. :eek:

Not done that in almost 10 years....I'll chalk it up to a sacrafice for the Gods!

Was too worried about SWMBO'd and only thought to take pics after the fact (I know, this might be worse than loosing a pint)...sorry guys!

You live, you learn, then you clean up before your wife gets home. I might have also made a slight spill myself the other day, luckily not that much. :)

I recently stepped up to kegging and am using picnic taps till I decide on faucets. Suffice it to say I was not prepared for their.... "dribbling" qualities. SWMBO has yet to discover the truth of why there are old t-shirts sitting on the kitchen counter looking (and smelling) a bit wet....

Was too worried about SWMBO'd and only thought to take pics after the fact (I know, this might be worse than loosing a pint)...sorry guys!

Why were you worried about her? Did she injure herself while cleaning it up?

Happened to me last weekend. The starsan foam covered the top of the beer so I couldn't tell how high the level was til it spilled over. At least it was in the basement!

Back