Outside brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stilly

Reaction score
I want to have a brew day outdoors in my driveway with a couple of neighbors. Any thoughts on using my garden hose as the water source for cleaning and sanitizing?

well, I used one for a while but stopped after I realized all the water that came out of it had the "hose" aroma. there wasn't a weird taste but even after the water had been out of the hose a while it still had a rubber smell.

if your hose doesn't impart those things to your water then go for it. they do make RV hoses that work and are food safe.

I know, it's just sanitary water but I try to keep all the stuff out of my beer that I can to help the taste.

I'm gonna use bottled water to make the beer.

The only other thing I was thinking was that its pretty cold here. Will using the cold water affect the cleaning and sanitizing properties of the pbw and star San?

I think that is the wrong link to what you were trying to show me. Ed Worts Apfelwein is what I am sent to.

Latest posts

Back