Out of bottles. Anywhere cheap?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomToro

Reaction score
I bottled my 7 gallon ipa and 60 bottles later, I'm out of empties. Cheapest I've found is $14.99 for 24 12oz.

Anybody found anything cheaper online? I used up all my .10$ deposits and everybody I know use the screw tops.

I have about 15 gallons left that will be ready next month.

Any Ideas?
Thanks,
Tom

I bottled my 7 gallon ipa and 60 bottles later, I'm out of empties. Cheapest I've found is $14.99 for 24 12oz.

Anybody found anything cheaper online? I used up all my .10$ deposits and everybody I know use the screw tops.

Any Ideas?
Thanks,
Tom

i've read that if you still have the caps for the screw tops you could simply screw them back on and they'll work just fine. never tried this though.

Any Ideas?
Thanks,
Tom

I went to the local Mexican market for some sweet bread for the office last week, and they have this cheap beer for $1.99 in a 33.8oz bottle! It happens to be cheaper to buy the beer and dump it *drink it if you want, I'm just making a point* than pay $14.99 + shipping. Check it out!

even midwest supplies at 11.99-12.99 a case, once you add in shipping, is more
than buying the cheapest crown capped swill you you can find on sale in the supermarket and just dumping and harvesting the bottles.

post or respond to a craigslist ad;
drink more commercial beer;
look at the giving away free bottles post here thread on here;
(laughing) make new friends that dont drink bmc.
good luck

When I need more bottles I go to Costco and buy a case of their Kirkland sampler for $18. I drink the beer which is actually pretty good and the bottles are great. Had one fall off the counter onto tile and it just bounced so they are pretty tough.

1) Raid your neighbor's recycle bins.
2) Get some friends who drink beer that doesn't come in screw tops.

You live in Michigan, the land of 10 cent bottles. Just go to a local store that sells craft beer and ask the owner if you can sort through his returns for bottles. You pay the deposit and he gets rid of some empties. Avoid the Shorts Brewing bottles, the labels are almost impossible to remove.

I was recently short on bottles, and I spread the word at work that I needed bottles. I told everyone that I'd give them one homebrew for 3 empty bottles.

3 days later I have 150 empties.

You live in Michigan, the land of 10 cent bottles. Just go to a local store that sells craft beer and ask the owner if you can sort through his returns for bottles. You pay the deposit and he gets rid of some empties. Avoid the Shorts Brewing bottles, the labels are almost impossible to remove.

+1. I live in NY, .05 (instead of .10), but same idea. I mostly keg but have upped my production pipeline to the point where I usually go from keg to bottle when it starts getting light. I went to my friendly beer distributor and bought about 6 cases of returns @ .05/bottle. They were very happy to get rid of them. While most of these were 12 ouncers, I did get a case or so of 22 ouncers and also a few swing tops!

All great suggestions Folks. This one I can do very easily and works best for me. I know a couple of stores near me where the owners are cool.

Thanks for all the help!

p.s.Shorts are the worst with harpoon and Founders coming in right at the top too. Leaves a gummy residue when I finally scraped them off. Sierra Nevada and Sam Adams were the easiest I've found.

p.s.Shorts are the worst with harpoon and Founders coming in right at the top too. Leaves a gummy residue when I finally scraped them off. Sierra Nevada and Sam Adams were the easiest I've found.

Michelob bottles are also easy and widely available.

Latest posts

Back