Oskar Blues Pinner?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schemy

Reaction score
Anyone taken a stab at this? I plan on drinking some this weekend and trying to deconstruct what's going on here.

Just love this beer.

Anyone taken a stab at this? I plan on drinking some this weekend and trying to deconstruct what's going on here.

Just love this beer.

I've had it and I like it. I'm guessing simcoe and centenial or cascade. Mostly I'm commenting to follow--I'd like to see what you and others discover.

Well I've got some calls into brewers I know in CO. I have on good authority I should have an ingredient list by next week.

I should be able to put something together from there.

I need to get in good with the guys over at the Brevard , NC, plant. I'd like to ask them about a couple of their recipes...

:)

So this is what I got from my brewing buddy. Its a start. Will update once I brew this.

Mash 150

2-Row 38%
Pale Male (Marris Otter?) 35%
Aromatic Malt 15%
Acidulated 6%
CaraPils 6%

Hops

Centennial to bitter (FWH)
Simcoe (60 min)
Cascade (30 min)

Dry Hop
1.6 lbs/barrel

Mosaic, Zythos, Summer, Galaxy, Calypso, 07270, El Dorado, Falconers Flight, Simcoe & Citra

I'm just going off what I received from a friend that worked at Oskar Blues, and knows the developer of the recipe. He has moved on from OB, so things may have changed since initial development.

It would be much easier using what that article notes.

I'd go with the inside info over some comments in an article personally, but that's just me. Plus, I think that combo of hops sounds amazing. Just my $0.02.

10 different hops in the dry-hop alone? That's truly a thing only for breweries... hell, I wouldn't buy 10 different 1-oz packages just to make one beer.

willy_nilly.gif

Latest posts

Back