Original Gravity - Richmond, VA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CDGoin

Reaction score
As a new brewer, just wanted give shout out to the really nice guys over at Original Gravity (http://www.oggravity.com/) the shop is really well organized and the prices I found to be as good as online without the shipping.

The shop also seems to have about everything you can think of from about every single Brewers Best kit and starter kits for the newbie, to some really nice high end setups and a lot of bulk grain, sugars, and such for the advanced brewer.

I stopped by and bugged them at least twice before jumping into the hobby, and found Tony to be very friendly and helpful. Knowing I would have someone like that to help was one of the reasons I decided to give it a try.

So, anyway.. I just got a kit from a friend and REALLY REALLY wanted to start brewing while I was off this holiday season. I stopped by Monday, and unfortunately they were doing inventory, and were closed. That said, he still went ahead and opened long enough for me to get my supplies.

With only two options in the Richmond area, nice to know the options we do have are a quality ones.

I agree. OG is great and Tony is very helpful. The prices are mostly the same as online and you pay no shipping. I ordered a 15g Boilermaker and Tony had it in the shop in about 4 days and didn't charge me for any shipping yet I still payed the same price as anywhere else. As you mentioned, he has a great selection of grains and anything else you might need.

I've gone to the other place twice and they have failed me both times.

Back