Ordered Extract Kit from Austin HB - How long?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StarCityBrewMaster

Reaction score
I ordered an extract kit on Monday morning - how long does it usually take to get an order from those guys? I'm hoping to be able to brew my second batch by this weekend.

thanks

Usually when I order from AHS they ship the order the same day or the day after. It then takes 2-3 days to be delivered. But according to their website they are slightly backed up on orders from their recent move. That being said, I ordered some stuff on the 20th (which was a weekend) and it came in yesterday.

You probably have a tracking code which will let you know where your package has been and is going. I ordered a kit from Austin Homebrew 3 days ago. The tracker reads "Out For Delivery" so I've been by the front door all day. :D

I am in New York, and if they ship to me on Monday, I get it Thursday, ship Tuesday I get it Friday.
I understand that they are quite busy right now. I generally like to place my order from them on Sunday, so most times it gets shipped on Monday.

I ordered Monday and have yet to receive a tracking number so they must be pretty backed up. I guess I'll have to run down to my local brew store if I plan on brewing this weekend then again maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Straight from austinhomebrew.com ...

Our shipping department was closed February 22nd through February 24th, due to our move. Consequently, we are backed up on online orders. Thanks for all your patience while we get back to our normal operations.

Additionally, we are in the process of setting up a new phone system. If you get a busy signal please try again.

I ordered a kit last week Sunday and it supposed to be here tomorrow (9 business days)...
I didnt see anything about the move when I ordered.

I have always had prompt delivery from them. Given that they recently moved, I am not surprised there is a back log. Please give them time and I am sure they will get it to you asap. Also please realize any delay you experience is atypical.

I hope you get it in time.

Latest posts

Back