Ordered 6 kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaryB

Reaction score
Keg Connection has a great sale on, ordered 6 pin lock kegs CHEAP! Even if I have to work on them the price can't be beat. $35 a keg!!

Now the hard part, deciding what fridge or freezer is going to turn into the kegerator... Mini fridge is to short so it is out, fermenting fridge is a definite maybe... or I can move all the veggies and fruit from the 7cu foot freezer to the big freezer with just meat in it...

Plans are a cold room in the outdoor kitchen/brew shed when I build it this summer so I am thinking the fermenting fridge... cold room might be the first part completed.

Cool! I've bought kegs from Keg Connection, too, always been satisified. Plus, they support brewing events - I like that too!

What would you do for fermenting, though, if you used the fermenting fridge? Or would that be in the cold room of your new shed?

Fermenting will move to the cold room, by next winter I will have heat in there so keeping temps where I need them won't be an issue. But I need to find somewhere to put that fridge.. right now it is in the front porch and this time of year it can drop below freezing inside the fridge unless I put in a small heater. Fun of owning a small house! No room in the kitchen and I don't really want it in there with the cooking grease that tends to get everywhere no matter what. Extra cleaning I don't need. Pantry is a maybe if I do some major rearranging like move the gun safe(everyone stores guns in the pantry tight? It is a 10x10 room off my back deck that is a multi function room) to the new garage but getting the guys to move that will cost me... they swore they would never move it again LOL! Leaving that fridge in the porch is maybe best option but even that requires some rearranging, as it sits I would snag the taps walking by it. I have a very bad back and am well known for zigging 45 degrees sideways instead of going straight if a nerve gets pinched... I factor that into anything that may be in a walk area and nothing can stick out. No collar on a freezer for example unless I can bury it where I won't walk into it.

I use a fridge. I still can store a few things around the kegs if needed. Usually more beer.

I ordered a couple of the converted pin to ball locks. Great deal with new posts and lid, plus a set of o-rings. My kegerator is going to be maxed now! My current plan is to have the two extras conditioning, eventually will run two more faucets.

Pretty much decided on using the fridge and I think I have a spot for it back in the pantry. Still need a regulator, shanks, taps, beer and gas line, a distribution block... going to a 2 outlet regulator so I can force carb on one output and feed the 2-4 port distribution on the other. I was thinking 3 taps but I doubt I will ever keg more than 2 different beers at a time. Specialty beers can still go in bottles, especially for aging. So my house ale and an IPA on tap... I checked that fridge and I can get 3 kegs and the CO2 cylinder in there easily, 4 kegs maybe... have 5 in there right now to test and nothing hits the door. I will need to build a reinforced shelf for that much weight.

Need to empty a bunch of excess stuff the pantry has collected the last 5 years and do some rearranging, add an outlet for the fridge(glad my dad was a master electrician, I do my own wiring!). Mainly rearrange the shelving for all the stuff I can from the garden and the bulk groceries(rice, beans etc are all way cheaper 50 pounds at a time). Getting the brew shed built will get the 10 buckets of malt out of the pantry too!

Back