Operation: Find the Shittiest Deal on MyBeerCellar.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently one can of Juice Machine traded for Nath 1:1 and there are people offering Juice Machine+ some other Tree House cans for St. Lam and Fou. Is this the new thing? Can I start trading IPAs for lambic now? Like, seriously, WTF is wrong with people?
newmoney gonna newmoney

it's alright they'll look back at these horrible trades and wanna jump off a bridge

I just can't get over how dumb this Tree House stuff is. $255 BIN for three cans of IPA. Juice Machine, Gggreennn and Very Green. Seriously? Are people actually paying this? I love how it says "Paypal Friends/Family appreciated". Yeah, why should they pay fees with these oh, so generous prices? lol

https://www.mybeercollectibles.com/listing/treehouse-juice-machine-gggreennn-very-green/453845

Someone showed me a screenshot of a raffle for 2 cans of Juice Machine and 2 cans of Bbbright. It was nearly full at a $320 valuation. o_O

No one's told them that Doppleganger is really King Julius with a different dry hop. Shhhhhhh!
Same with Juice Machine actually.

It is essentially a marriage of the King Julius malt bill with a hopping schedule more intense than than Very Green. The use of Magnum, Columbus, Amarillo, Citra, and Galaxy...

It was mentioned in the other thread, but Juice Machine seems to mostly be a case of where a beer has been hyped up to ridiculous levels based on the name and label art. What's funny is that I didn't even find it particularly "juicy", at least the way these hazeboi turds use it ("str8 joose brah!"). That's actually one of the things I liked about it: it's got a well-rounded hop profile with a good mix of different hop characteristics, it's not just blasting citrus and tropical fruit aromas at you.

It was mentioned in the other thread, but Juice Machine seems to mostly be a case of where a beer has been hyped up to ridiculous levels based on the name and label art. What's funny is that I didn't even find it particularly "juicy", at least the way these hazeboi turds use it ("str8 joose brah!"). That's actually one of the things I liked about it: it's got a well-rounded hop profile with a good mix of different hop characteristics, it's not just blasting citrus and tropical fruit aromas at you.
I thought it tasted very candy-like rather than juicy. Probably one of my least favorite Treehouse actually (although I haven't had much).

In my experience treehouse's tastiest beers are inversely related to the hypiest beers. I'll take regular julius and alter ego over the rest any day and pretty much any pale/ipa/dipa/tipa/qipa/quapa/seipa from Trillium over all of them at 1/10th the ass reeming.

In my experience treehouse's tastiest beers are inversely related to the hypiest beers. I'll take regular julius and alter ego over the rest any day and pretty much any pale/ipa/dipa/tipa/qipa/quapa/seipa from Trillium over all of them at 1/10th the ass reeming.

In Perpetuity (Citra/Nelson IPA that's just really subtle, well-balanced, and drinkable) is my favorite Tree House hoppy beer, and Sap (Chinook/Simcoe IPA) might be 2nd these days. I could drink both of those beers all the time.

Tree House gets some **** for their prominent role in the current IPA fad and shitlordery, although most of both of those is the fault of their fanbase rather than the brewery (at least they don't usually describe their beers using silly Instagram-speak, unlike some other breweries). But they are overall a pretty great brewery who also deserve some credit for producing and serving up legitimately good examples of styles such as brown ale, ESB, robust porter, American red ale, and so on. And their IPAs are certainly not the worst offenders (by a longshot) when it comes to overdoing it on hops/haze/etc. Also unless I'm forgetting something, they haven't done anything like a fruited or milkshake IPA or anything other adjuncted hoppy beer.

Tree House gets some **** for their prominent role in the current IPA fad and shitlordery, although most of both of those is the fault of their fanbase rather than the brewery

Yup, all Treehouse hate should be directed to the consumers/shitlordchuckledicks as far as I'm concerned.

In Perpetuity (Citra/Nelson IPA that's just really subtle, well-balanced, and drinkable) is my favorite Tree House hoppy beer, and Sap (Chinook/Simcoe IPA) might be 2nd these days. I could drink both of those beers all the time.

Tree House gets some **** for their prominent role in the current IPA fad and shitlordery, although most of both of those is the fault of their fanbase rather than the brewery (at least they don't usually describe their beers using silly Instagram-speak, unlike some other breweries). But they are overall a pretty great brewery who also deserve some credit for producing and serving up legitimately good examples of styles such as brown ale, ESB, robust porter, American red ale, and so on. And their IPAs are certainly not the worst offenders (by a longshot) when it comes to overdoing it on hops/haze/etc. Also unless I'm forgetting something, they haven't done anything like a fruited or milkshake IPA or anything other adjuncted hoppy beer.

I never had in perpetuity but really enjoyed sap and the one non-ipa beer of theirs I had ,old man? Esb, was also solid. And agreed with the above. The ridiculousness is 100% on the flippers and hype boys. They’re not out here pulling an ominipollo with recipes and descriptions that look like they came from a brain trust of 10 year olds.

"It has two varieties of three different adjuncts. So, six adjuncts in all."

giphy.gif

I'm in. Although I'm in the minority of people that don't think it's that bad. One of Rogue's former brewers told me the base before before blending in the flavoring is actually a pretty damn good rauchbier.
Except they used liquid smoke in the final release, so that's clearly false.

Not necessarily a bad deal, but how did I miss this?? Every goddamn Thomas Hardy's Ale ever for $4675:

https://mybeercellar.com/?itm=66541

Id argue that it is a pretty terrible deal. That average price comes out to like $115 per bottle.

I just bought a 2016 off the shelf for $10
Bottles throughout most of the 90’s and later arnt that uncommon and can probably be found for around $40 “value” if you find someone decent enough to trade with who stockpiled these.

Its only when you get into specific vintages for peoples birth years that prices go up drastically when someone wants to “overpay” to get it done fast for a birthday tasting.

Leaving aside the fact that most of these, even if stored in ideal circumstances are probably pushing the edges of enjoyment/drinkability for even the biggest THA fans.

Id argue that it is a pretty terrible deal. That average price comes out to like $115 per bottle.

I just bought a 2016 off the shelf for $10
Bottles throughout most of the 90’s and later arnt that uncommon and can probably be found for around $40 “value” if you find someone decent enough to trade with who stockpiled these.

Its only when you get into specific vintages for peoples birth years that prices go up drastically when someone wants to “overpay” to get it done fast for a birthday tasting.

Leaving aside the fact that most of these, even if stored in ideal circumstances are probably pushing the edges of enjoyment/drinkability for even the biggest THA fans.

I am a self-professed non-expert when it comes to THA pricing. It's definitely a lot of money for some very old beer, most of which are nip bottles. I always just assumed the birth year beer hunters set the pricing on the older vintages by virtue of them willing to overpay and the lack of many other realistic options.

At this point in my life I'm much more likely to pay for a demi of Chateau d'Yquem. Doesn't hurt that 1984 wasn't a particularly vaunted vintage.

I am a self-professed non-expert when it comes to THA pricing. It's definitely a lot of money for some very old beer, most of which are nip bottles. I always just assumed the birth year beer hunters set the pricing on the older vintages by virtue of them willing to overpay and the lack of many other realistic options.

At this point in my life I'm much more likely to pay for a demi of Chateau d'Yquem. Doesn't hurt that 1984 wasn't a particularly vaunted vintage.

Got to try a bottle of 1986 Chateau d'Yquem via @Weatherdog a couple years back that was extremely tasty, and has now forever scared me away from falling deeper down another rabbit hole I can't afford.

Back