Operation: Find the Shittiest Deal on MyBeerCellar.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tilquin no longer sits on the shelves in Seattle like it used to. Word is spreading. ugh.

Sorry to hear, its the opposite here! Only ones that go fast are the regular Cantillons here, we don't get the seasonals. Secondary on seasonal cantillons is getting bad here

I'm sure the folks buying it don't care, but those old bottles from The Bruery had a different style of cap / bottling method which didn't produce as good of a seal or keep as much O2 out. Partridge, Two Turtle Doves, Leuvds (sp?) have all been undrinkable when I last had them a couple of years back.

I'm sure the folks buying it don't care, but those old bottles from The Bruery had a different style of cap / bottling method which didn't produce as good of a seal or keep as much O2 out. Partridge, Two Turtle Doves, Leuvds (sp?) have all been undrinkable when I last had them a couple of years back.
I've heard that. The only reason I want it is for completeness.

Partridge is the only one (so far) I am missing for my eventual 12 days of Christmas bottle share. But I'm not laying out $500 to get the reg and BA versions. I will come across one eventually or I won't
there is almost a guarantee that bruery will release a 12 pack of all of them when the set is complete. now will that set be way overpriced.... youre god damn right it will lol

Partridge held up pretty well when I had it this last December and I typically hate Bruery beers. It wasn't amazing or anything, but better than I expected, which admittedly wasn't much.

there is almost a guarantee that bruery will release a 12 pack of all of them when the set is complete. now will that set be way overpriced.... youre god damn right it will lol

If prior years of Bruery “archive sales” have learned us anything its that they thought they had some of those saved but dont.

Then again, I also remember them selling piapt and papier for $100 a piece, then issuing refunds cuz they didnt have them....only to later find some and sell them again but at a much lower price without the “benefit/donation to a good cause” attachment.

I could totally see them pulling a stone and rebrewing them all as an encore though.

I do not doubt this cuz the last turtle doves I had was a little dicey but man the 100% BA papiers I recently tanked were amazing.... then again maybe their wax seal jobby job assisted in keeping all the airs out/in?

https://www.mybeercollectibles.com/listing/geuze-lambic-cantillon-magic-lambic/452670

Magic lambic for 650,00$ anyone? Pretty shitty to resell a charity beer like this

From their website:
Magic Land Theatre said:
On spécule pour la bonne cause !!

Les gueuzes de la Brasserie Cantillon sont appréciées par les beer geeks du monde entier. La demande est plus forte que l’offre et, quand Cantillon propose des brassins exceptionnels, l’avidité de certains collectionneurs fait monter leur cote (via les réseaux sociaux) à des prix déraisonnables.

If you don't French:
We speculate for the good cause!!

Geuzes of the Cantillon brewery are appreciated by geeks all over the world. The demand far exceeds the supply and when Cantillon offers to brew something exceptional, the greed of some collectors let's their value rise (through social networks) to unreasonable prices

They were banking on this tbh. They will be auctioning another jeroboam online (the first one was sold that evening for 850 euro's)

That one I really don't get. Juice Machine was good when I had it, but tastes like...basically any other one of Tree House's double IPAs. Like, Doppelganger is available at Tree House right now, tastes almost the same, and is under 5 bucks a can with a case limit.

That one I really don't get. Juice Machine was good when I had it, but tastes like...basically any other one of Tree House's double IPAs. Like, Doppelganger is available at Tree House right now, tastes almost the same, and is under 5 bucks a can with a case limit.
No one's told them that Doppleganger is really King Julius with a different dry hop. Shhhhhhh!

It's not about flavor, it about having the most .RAR cans for maximum Instragram fame.

Only $90+ per can though. The Juice Machine Teku's have bids over $100 on eBay.

Only $90+ per can though. The Juice Machine Teku's have bids over $100 on eBay.
What, are you supposed to drink a $90 DIPA out of a f**king willi belcher? CMON!
giphy.gif

It's got juice right there in the name
giphy.gif

Apparently one can of Juice Machine traded for Nath 1:1 and there are people offering Juice Machine+ some other Tree House cans for St. Lam and Fou. Is this the new thing? Can I start trading IPAs for lambic now? Like, seriously, WTF is wrong with people?

Back