Open Letter to HBT (thanks)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dasiala

Reaction score
HBT,

I would like to personally thank you for everything you've done for my brewing. Going from partial to full boils has been a god-send to me. Now, I am skipping the partial mash and going to the BIAB all-grain method that Seven meticulously described. I haven't posted that much, but I have read much of what has been said and made it my own brewing practice. Here is what I have learned: Beer is not a science project. I don't need to see the beer fermenting and have learned that buckets are just as good as any carboy (as long as they are clean and sanitary), I do not need to rack to secondary for the "perfect" beer, unless I am aging for ridiculous periods of time or using oak/fruit, wait 3 weeks before you drink a bottle/tap the keg, and AG is easier than you think... have bad water? Use distilled and treat it... Have regular water? treat it to where it will make the beer you want. And most importantly, brewing is fun. RDWAHAHB!

Also, after a couple years of using hopped canned extract on a gas stove in an efficiency apartment and using bleach to sanitize just to have someone sneeze in the bottling bucket. You also realize that beer is hard to **** up.

totes - i would still be in the weeds without access to the enormous resources on this forum.
humbly and eternally grateful :drunk:

STOP.... for just a minute an THINK where we would be without HBT. Newbies can get feedback usually within minutes many times and the old farts who have 5 or more "boils" under their belts can detail out 200 million ways to "skin a cat".

Can it get any better than that? Support HBT and say thanks with a 20 buck membership and support "yellow fizzy beer" (see the HBT logo sticker you get in the mail). :D:D:D

I was going to buy a book to learn more about the craft of brewing and how I could improve what I'm doing but instead I spent the money on a membership here because there is more information here than in any one book and it is up to the date, not something that was done 20 years ago.

I was going to buy a book to learn more about the craft of brewing and how I could improve what I'm doing but instead I spent the money on a membership here because there is more information here than in any one book and it is up to the date, not something that was done 20 years ago.

I couldn't have said it better! Nice! :mug:

RM-MN said:

Absolutely - I already spent more than 20 bucks on books, but after realizing how much more info I have got from these forums and what a great community it is when I have a dumb question, it was an easy decision to become a member.
:mug:

Been here for a few years and was able to resign up for my annual membership again. It is well worth it and I have wasted so much time it is great..

For me the greatest benefit is the ability to challenge preconceived notions about what best practices really are. There's a real difference between one person giving their opinion and 30 people. If it were not for these forums I'd be doing secondarys, I wouldn't be squeezing the bag, and I'd be buying yeast for every batch. Consensus is a beautiful thing.

Latest posts

Back