Oopsie!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arch1tect

Reaction score
Drank a little too much during my brew session today and Beer Muscled my Hydrometer to death. Snapped it in half after I aerated my wort. So I pitched and am in the process of ordering 2 more Hydrometers just in case I'm feeling strong again.

This only happened because I wrapped it in plastic wrap after sanitizing, I usually just leave it in the bucket with everything else but my ADD was in full effect today.

This was my 2nd attempt at a mini-mash so I was hoping I hit my OG but we'll just have to wait and see. I also did a full boil today so this could be a disaster.

10-4 on having a back up hydrometer, they are cheap and break way to easy to not have an extra. They are kind of like when cars had ballast resisters for the coil, if you kept a spare in the glove box you would never need it but if you left home with out one the damn thing would fail on you every time....lol On a side note, I use my hydrometer in a test jar and don't return the sample to the fermenter so I don't have to sanitize it. :mug:

Back