OOPS...bad connection on imersion chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hsiddall

Reaction score
Well my first go round besides Mr. Beer and I built a wort chiller and it Failed...LOL. Got it fixed for next time but there is just shy of an extra gallon in whats supposed to be 5 gallon Milk stout from BB. Numbers were off of course. OG was 1.041 not the 1.057-1.061 range. After three days it is down to 1.033. Fg for the kit is to be 1.020-1.024. Can I do anything or just chalk it up to first batch bluse and have a lower abv. approximately 2.49%:( all tohough the sample tested today tasted pretty good for only three days in.

1.02 is a fairly high FG. I bet with the thinner wort your yeast will attenuate a little more and you'll end up with something more along the lines of 4%.

Edit: I just realized that your milk stout probably has lactose so you may be stuck with the lower ABV. It will still be tasty, and you can just drink more and keep your wits!

Back