Oooooh yeah man 🤙

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Satoshi

Bitcoin OG
Reaction score
New here, I've just run through a boxed wine as a sacrificial run, it tastes awful 😆

I was searching for info about methanol and found you guys, thanks for being here ✌️

There's a banana wine fermenting in the airing cupboard, I've got 4.5lt of that, if it turns well. If so, I'll be putting a few litres through to see what I get. I'll be doing another wine run before that though, I'm hooked 😆

https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/supermarket-juice-wine-how-to-guide-and-recipes.49462/
some really good recipes here and process spelled out

my favorite is
2 liters of bilberry juice (wild eastern european blueberries)
1 liter of white grape juice ( red grape juice makes this dark black white grape juice makes it a beautiful bluish purple)
500 to 700 grams of table sugar
1 tsp of pectolase
1 tsp of yeast nutrient
2-3 black tea bags in 1 cup of hot water
juice of 1/2 a lemon
brought to 1 gallon

ive used montrachet and it works good and ive used k1v1116 both work very well

this is highly drinkable

semi sweet to dry ish but not too dry

( after racking to another demijohn for clearing i pour 1 gallon of apple juice straight onto the leftover lees and let it go for 4 weeks it makes the best blueberry apple cider ever (with a pinkish lavender hue))

I've read that the first run can be awful, I have done a fair few water runs, the left over wine I've left to cool with the lid on, so the still will be emptied in the morning.

I didn't separate any foreshots, heads, hearts or tails because I thought I shouldn't need to with having used a wine. Any thoughts??

sorry i didint realize you were distilling i thought only fermenting wines . i dont know anything about distilling but welcome to the forum

No cuts? Headache juice...
Yeah, thought it might be OK because it's come from wine. First pint burns clear flame, the next ¼ doesn't take a flame. So I shut it down to cool, hoping for advice on how to salvage a product 👍

Latest posts

Back