One Tier Brewing Stand!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LordHafen

Reaction score
Just to start I want to say that I am a cheap ass. I am trying to get into all grain brewing from my current BIAB setup, and working where I do we go through a lot of scrap metal. It was like seeing a sign from god when I saw this sitting in the scrap bin at work.

vgn5u9.jpg

After cutting the center bar out and welding on a few old couplings that I had laying around at work (Dont zoom in on the welds:drunk:)

2hx1xm8.jpg

Then I used three 4’ pup joints that I cut in half so that I could use one thread for each coupling and weld on plates for casters, i thought that the threads would be nice for leveling the stand out also.

1hoxo9.jpg

This is as far as I have gotten, I am still waiting on burners and time to do a gas setup for the stand. I do however love that this so far has cost me nothing but time!!!:rockin:

Just wanted to give an update with what I have done with the stand, slowly but surely it is on its way to being a brew stand, I finally got one of my BG-14 burners in I think it was only 54$ shipped from amazon.

2elb4eq.jpg

just wanted to point out that a lot of people try to drill out the BG-14 orifice, i found that it works best without the orifice all together, my hose screwed into the burner and i control with the gate valve, this way i can keep my propane orifice if i ever want to switch back

2h6anvo.jpg

I used 1” hard line for the gas plumbing to hug the stand, the reason I used such big line was it was free, had some extra laying around with most of the fittings, I had to buy the 1” gate valves which were pretty cheap, i don’t have the other burners yet so I left the other slots plugged off “T’s” for later on.
2j3jp4y.jpg

2itfy9l.jpg

63rok2.jpg

I had already “T’d” off my dryer hookup but my old setup was not using quick connects, I am not sure if this is okay to use, I figured they would be alright since it’s not staying hooked up permanently only for a few hours or so and the quick connects are very good quality nothing cheap. I would like to invest in maybe a larger quick connect hose, the hose I am using is 3/8 and the connects are ¾ so it’s a pretty big reduction hence all the crossovers but I don’t see any problems so far with pressure on burner.

2qjzmf4.jpg

30ieryg.jpg

Tomorrow I hope to get the burner mounted in the stand and also the mount for the keggles, the burner will take some modifications because it is NOT a Brutus build. I also am looking for some kind of way to hook the gas to the stand, I used zip ties in the pictures just for measurements…not sure how to do this yet either:mug:

I'ts coming together really nice. i used these to hold my gas lines to my rig. I can't remember what there called but they sell them lowes.
Picture030.jpg

A lot done this weekend, first i made the mounts for the BG-14, used 1" square tubing, simple square with "wings" to attach to the stand, i am using a piece of 5/16 solid thread cut into 9" for raising and lowering the burner.

tec8.jpg

lc8g.jpg

Next was the "L" angle iron for the kegs to sit on. i traced the keg onto cardboard to make sure it would fit

zst4.jpg

Next following TravisT's advice i went to lowes and found these nifty "bronze ground clamp" from lowes all i needed to do was change the ground screw for somthing that would go through my stand (i used 2 1/2")

gq3u.jpg

ml57.jpg

u0po.jpg

5ewq.jpg

also got some paint, seen the John Deer Green/Yellow and the redneck in me came out.

usfu.jpg

icmw.jpg

yicx.jpg

all put together

sx0e.jpg

6is1.jpg

Next i need to order another bg-14, build a HLT and mash tun and get some pumps.

Back