One of 'Those' brew days!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MVKTR2

Reaction score
Had a nice day of brewing planned but little has gone as planned. Forgot to pick up ice yesterday at the store so I had to run to the store 40 mins into the mash. This of course threw off my mash. 30 mins into the boil I ran out of Gas, would have swore I had more than enough! So I've been delayed for several hours. On the bright side, a bad day brewing beats a good day of work! :ban:

Even with all the speed-bumps It's been a nice relaxing day, and a needed day. I just wish I were cleaning up now rather than finishing up the boil!

Schlante,
Phillip

Oh man, those are the worst. Just wait until you need a pump and accidentally step on the power switch. That will make you sit there and scratch your head for awhile.

Hang in there...Best case:
You invest an extra hour or 2 and get to bed late and are rewarded with a good beer in a couple weeks.
Wost case:
You invest an extra hour or 2 and get to bed late and are rewarded with THE BEST FKing beer EVER and then you will have to recreate that process over and over and over to keep up with the demand for your new house brew. :D

Sounds like my last brew. Seemed like nothing went to plan...It may be my best "Summer Stinger wheat" yet....

Amazingly I hit my numbers though my mash was about 2 hours :). It drifted low toward the end of the mash so I did an Alpha Amalayse rest 158 for 20 mins and 163 for another 12 mins. before mashout. Wanted to make sure this thing didn't wind up with a thin mouth feel. It's so hoppy that if it finishes a few points high, which I don't expect, it'll still be quite balanced. In the end it was a great day now I've just got to get some work done today ;).

Btw here's what I brewed, http://hopville.com/recipe/289046/specialty-beer-recipes/fresh-hopped-ob-low-alc-ipa

Schlante,
Phillip

At least you got to brew!

I have wanted to, but seriously busy schedule aside, I drilled a hole for my spigot and didn't realize that I didn't have any silicone O-Rings! Now I have the O-Rings, but forgot to replace the cadmium bulkhead fitting with a Stainless one. So at this point I'm dreaming. Time to shop for a new bulkhead fitting...

Back