One of the coolest birthday presents imaginable

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clayof2day

Reaction score
My birthday is coming up (22nd) and my wife has informed me of one of the presents she has been lining up for me. She has been in contact with the owner/brewer of one of the brewpubs here in town to see if I could help them out on a brew day. He told her he would love to have me come in for a day and help them brew a batch on their system so she sent him my contact info and I'm waiting to hear back as of now. How, cool is that for a birthday present??? I know I'll probably just be doing really crappy stuff, like scrubbing the mash tun, but I think it would be really, really fun!!

One of my wife's friend's was a musician, so they re-tooled Tom Waits' "Murder In The Red Barn" to be "Father of a Red Head" and recorded it for me.

Of course, my daughter's not REALLY a redhead (are any redheads real? ;), she's just strawberry-blond, but still... pretty cool :D

I bet they don't put you on scrub duty. I think they will let you go through each phase of brewing with one of their people and observe the process.

Now if you had asked for an internship I would say grab your scrub brush and kneepads.

the_bird said:
Still not as cool as the year my wife got me a theme song... ;)
That's not as cool as the year my wife got me a stripper.

Helping on brew day would be a lot of fun I'd think. And in the long run more useful than seeing another set of boobs.

Latest posts

Back