One Fridge. 2 cornies or 1 carboy for lagers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1Mainebrew

Reaction score
So, I just bought myself a kegging setup with 2 cornies. I currently have a lager fermenting in my mini-fridge with temp control. I also have an IPA fermenting 70 F. I would like to keg them both and then once they're empty, make another lager in the fridge. Then I can once again keg that and whatever else I have on hand fermenting. My dilemma is that a few buddys want to brew an octoberfest and that would take my fridge space with a lager and I couldn't keg anything. So, which is the better option? Hmmm. It could go both ways. The other factor is that my wife wants the Kate the Great clone to be brewed. So I might just tell the guys, 'Too bad this time, the wife wins out.' Then when the kegs are empty, and the KTG clone is in the secondary for the extended bulk aging, I can invite the guys back for the octoberfest brew and put that in the fridge and bottle whatever it is that I might brew while waiting for that to go into the keg. Who knows? Thoughts?

Get a bigger fridge. Convert a chest freezer with a temp control on it. You can fit 4 or five carboys/better bottles in a 16 or 20 cb ft freezer.

But for now:

Valentines day is coming so don't piss off the ol lady

Back