On the benefits of waiting (or ignoring kit timescales)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jump_xiii

Reaction score
This is purely unscientific and based on my limited brewing experience of 4 batches of kit & kilo extract. Both of the pictures below were "lager style" kits, but brewed like an ale, with ale yeast. I imagine this is the same as a Coopers Lager, although these were a different brand. Both pictures were taken immediately after bottling.

We'll call this Batch A. Time in fermenter: 6 days (as per kit instructions): This is how it looked Immediately after capping the bottle.

photo 1a.jpg

And Batch B. Time in fermenter: 24 days: Same goes- cap on the bottle, snap picture, no conditioning yet.

photo 2a.jpg

If I've been too vague or missed anything please ask.

And I have a question too: Is the second one too clear? Will it carbonate in the bottles or did I leave it too long?

Al

I don't think beer could be too clear. It should be carbed up. The only sure way is to open one up after a few days in the fridge.

Only bottled number 2 on Sunday, that pic is immediately after bottling- so we have a couple of weeks to wait before trying it.

Incidentally the batch in pic 1 did clear beautifully after 3 or 4 weeks in the bottle, but there is a lot of sediment in each bottle...

Back