OMG! It's made out of angle iron ???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HootervilleHops

Reaction score
I like the looks of your sparge arm. How did you build the head? Looks like a 1/2 to 3/4 coupler plugged, with I assume some holes drilled in it.

The sparge arm worked rather well. The head is a brass 1/2 to 1 inch fitting plugged. It flowed very even off the stainless plate.

Do you not worry about the heat from the burners on the diamond plate sheeting causing it to turn black or prevent venting? It looks all closed in.

I love the portable pumps. That's pretty slick.

KT

The back and bottom are wide open plenty of venting. Brewed on it today no problems with heat what so ever. Did have a couple of issues with the rims setup, the tube is on the back of the pump box. Have the heating element linked to the wrong pump. Also had a strike temp issue but i'll mark it up to learning the new rig. The sparge arm, whirlpool arm and revised chiller all worked very well.

The back and bottom are wide open plenty of venting. Brewed on it today no problems with heat what so ever. Did have a couple of issues with the rims setup, the tube is on the back of the pump box. Have the heating element linked to the wrong pump. Also had a strike temp issue but i'll mark it up to learning the new rig. The sparge arm, whirlpool arm and revised chiller all worked very well.

I need to read up on rims stuff. It's pretty much beyond my league right now, but it looks interesting.

So I have discovered two areas of the HBT forum that I don't need to visit when I'm broke. DIY and the Electric Brewing section. In the short time span of a day, i've already remortgaged the house 5 times building me a stand. lol

Great build sir!

I like the diamond plate - you're giving me ideas that will cost me in the end...

There's nothing wrong with angle iron! :)

DSCN1074.JPG

If you look at the pump tool box from the PID side, it looks like it has a face. HA! I love the build.

Here is the link to the pump box build.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=457850

I'm surprised no one has asked about the shields around the burners.

They are an old turkey cooker pot cut into 3 pieces. We will see how the aluminum holds up. So far no problems at all.

They are aluminum so no tacking just bolts. :)

I wouldnt think there would be an issue building out of aluminum if you had a decent grade of aluminum? I would be concerned with warping from heat and the ability to weld it together. Might be slightly lighter but I don't know if the savings would out way it.

I know there is a thread on here somewhere where someone built a two vessel system (electric) on a kitchen rolling cart. Pretty clean and "light" looking.

Most people build their stands to hold the weight IOT upgrade to larger sizes later...imo.

Back