Olympic Mens Swimming *warning spoiler!*

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OregonNative

Reaction score
HELL YES!! WE BEAT FRANCE! They talked trash to us, saying they were going to crush the USA and the USA overtook France for the win! :rockin:

If thats not something to drink to, I don't know what is. Here is to our olympic athletes! :mug:

That was a bad ass race. I scared the hell out of my cats when I yelled at the finish.

Announcer man had ruled us out, but we showed them Frenchies who does the smashing around here (they [french swimmers] said they were only here to smash the US), and kicked their ass at the last second.

I'll drink to the win but come on; how hard is it to defeat the French?

Hahaha very true! ;)

It was insanely close though...

United States - 3:08.24
France - 3:08.32
Australia - 3:09.91

Barley, you are so right my friend. That was such a good race! I woke my old lady up yelling at the TV and went in there to tell her the news! haha! The French talked their trash but got "smashed" themselves in the end. Whew that was amazing!

I love the way Rowdy Gaines was as surprised as anyone at the comeback. I've got nothing against France, but any time you talk smack before the event, it's pretty awesome to watch you accept the second-place award.

That race is a great example of why I watch sports.

The was the best part of the 2008 Olympics thus far. I was so glad we beat their froggy asses. Typical arrogance that can't be backed up by action...:rockin:

I was brewing while watching. The brew already has a name but suddenly Pardon My French Smack Ale has a smashing ring to it.

I don't think there is really any reason to bash a very impressive French team.

However that was one heck of a comeback swim by Lezak!!!!!

I was pretty pumped up just to see how excited the rest of the team was during the last leg and immediately after. Definitely a thriller.

Craig

I have to say that these games, so far, have been excellent. For all the talk about the 'No Fun Games' and whatnot, they are delivering. The opening ceremonies, in particular, were just beyond amazing. The Chinese should be proud.

I don't think there is really any reason to bash a very impressive French team.

We should thank them for this motivation.

Talking about the upcoming 4x100 freestyle relay, Alain Bernard of the French Swim Team made this comment when asked about Team USA: "The Americans? We're going to smash them. That's what we came here for."
Imagine if swimmers had rearview mirrors on their goggles. That's where you would see the impressive Frenchies. :D

That was an amazing race. Halfway through the last lap I said "there's no way that guy's gonna catch up." Shows what I know, that finish was great.

That was awesome last night! Nothing beats America sticking it to the world. Now we have to get back on top with the medal count!

USA :tank:

Back