Older Rapids Kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dono

Reaction score
Does anyone know info on older Rapids Kegerator? A guy in my home town has one for sale...Its woodgrain front with stainless top on casters...Its a single with co2 tank, and keg for $200. Is this a good deal?

I just bought a Rapids Kegerator last week through CraigsList. I purchased the kegerator, single tap tower, one half size keg, a 20 lb. and a 5 lb CO2 tank, and the kep hookup for $280. The fridge seems to work fine (it rumbles a little bit) but it seemed to be a decent deal to me becuase of the additional items that came with it.

You might consider doing a little haggling, but its not absolutely necessary.

I honestly know zip about the Rapids brand but I did just buy an old kegerator and learned
A ton from the experience. If the kegerator cools quickly, stays COLD and doesn't run all the
Time then it may be worth that price. But you need to verify these things before parting with
Your dough. I trusted someone from craigslist (see "kegerator ripoff" thread) with regard to
These functions and ended up shelling out 300 bones for a technician to find the coolant leak
And recharge it with expensive as hell refridgerant. Good luck!

I honestly know zip about the Rapids brand but I did just buy an old kegerator and learned
A ton from the experience. If the kegerator cools quickly, stays COLD and doesn't run all the
Time then it may be worth that price. But you need to verify these things before parting with
Your dough. I trusted someone from craigslist (see "kegerator ripoff" thread) with regard to
These functions and ended up shelling out 300 bones for a technician to find the coolant leak
And recharge it with expensive as hell refridgerant. Good luck!

Back