Old toolbox turned control panel?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TravelingBrewer22

Reaction score
I just picked up an old metal Craftsman toolbox from the 70s or for 5 bucks in pretty decent condition. I've seen the threads to use toolboxes for rims controller boxes and pump houses. it's fairly large so what about combining all three into one toolbox?

I take it you don't have a stand? Make sure to use GFCI receptacles for the pumps. And... you will NEED to post photos...

I think I've seen it done but I don't think i'd be comfortable having liquid running that close to a control panel.

I have a stand. but I also am going to be controlling with a BCS-460 so I was thinking mobile with the pump and rims would be advantageous

There are people on here that have done it, but I'd put them into two separate boxes if I were you.

Bouroeuji Kabouter has the best/classiest toolbox controlboxes on the site, imho.

I have a stand. but I also am going to be controlling with a BCS-460 so I was thinking mobile with the pump and rims would be advantageous

Definitely separate the pumps from the controls. I asked if you were building a stand because it doesn't seem logical to build a control unit and have pumps that are not attached to the stand. That's part of the stand's purpose.

There's nothing to say you can't mount the toolbox to the stand if you're looking for a 'steam punk' look or something.

that gives me an idea... :fro:

Yeah but if he's rocking an electric setup you could easily make it portable and just have the "stand" be a shelf or table or what have you.

Back