Old orchard apple pie juice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guitarman703

Reaction score
Hello

I saw this stuff on sale at the local supermarket old orchard apple pie juice with vanilla and cinnamon flavorings added. I had the idea to use this and make it into a hard apple pie cider. Any thoughts or recipe considerations out there? Thanks everyone

My girlfriend bought some and it is pretty good juice. I too was thinking about doing something with it, but havn't got around to it. I wonder how much of the flavors you would lose with fermentation.

Yall try making wine/cider from this stuff yet? I have a half gallon of 100% Mott's apple juice with some ground cinnamon and a cinnamon stick in the jug fermenting now.....a cup and a half of sugar, EC1118 yeast. OG around the 16% mark. Been going for about 3 weeks now, seems to be slow. I'm shooting for the whole apple pie flavor with this....

I'm new to this, but I read NOT to add spices or extra flavor until the fermentation has stopped. The article said it did not work well :(.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

You were misinformed I let my 5 gal batches of apple wine ferment with two cinnamon sticks in the carboy it infuses the batch with cinnamon and leaves a nice cinnamon aftertaste in my batches. I also pasteurize my must prior to fermenting and I add allspice while boiling it always does good for me.

Latest posts

Back