old guy's face haunting you

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic - In Remembrance 2023
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
anyone else think they're going to have bad dreams tonight?

i'm thinking it's going to be a mcdonald's ball pit, but filled with HBT stickers for me.....;) :mug:

Time is a river. It's everywhere. Your dreams flow from the river, from the twinkling stars at night, from the sun's melting rays.

Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains, everywhere and that the present only exists for it, not the shadow of the past nor the shadow of the future.”

The old guy told me this.

After reading passedpawn's post, I now have to shotgun a corny keg and destroy my watch....my brain hurts! :mug:

But srsly, read Siddhartha, get your brain right. The old guy is your DAD!!! ...

1632272144163.png

Sorry to anyone who'd thought I'd lost it, but I assumed that Bracc was referring to the recent spate of posts by TxBrew selling something. My cryptic comments above were in reference to his avatar, which is Herman Hesse. I thought this face was the subject of the thread.

1632276550446.png

The old guy is Herman Hesse. He was a profound man, with profound comments on our place here. I've read Siddhartha several times, it'll get you right. Just ask these guys....

Vividly remember doing acid with Magic Carpet Ride playing - loudly - in the background....

Cheers! (Then again, probably everyone does :D)

OK, thanks for that, @passedpawn . I thought maybe you & brac did a beer swap.

Nope, maybe someday. I read a lot, I drink a lot, and I blather on a lot. For people who know me, it's not obvious what the hell I'm talking about sometimes, I know. Gawd. Fortunately, my wife is usually near, translating or apologizing or such.

Back