Oktoberfest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

upton7418

Reaction score
Ok, thanks to Hurricane Irene I lost power in the middle of fermenting my oktoberfest lager. It was at the end of fermentation, and well I never got a chance to transfer and begin the lagering step. I was without power for a week, and the got power back at which time alot of other things were going on. A tree fell and crushed 4 cars and the house so my Oktoberfest sat for another 2.5 weeks at fermentation temps. I just began the lagering after about a month due to circumstances out of my control. I'm still gonna finish the beer as is after some lagering time, but any idea if it will hurt the final product?

Thanks

sounds like you got a force majeure D-rest. as long as you lost temp control at the tail end of fermentation, it won't hurt anything. in fact it could have helped you get to FG and reduce diacetyl.

small comfort when some damn tree did so much damage. you've got my sympathy, though. irene totaled my car, too.

Back