Oktoberfest Helen Ga

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went last year, and I must say I want to go back. It was fantastic. I recommend going if you can..

I went years ago, and loved it. Authentic German food, surprisingly, and German beer. I remember having the biggest candied apple I have ever seen.

I went years ago, and loved it. Authentic German food, surprisingly, and German beer. I remember having the biggest candied apple I have ever seen.

It's good you can remember, at least. :mug:
I wish we had something like that around here in eastern Iowa.

I have a place near Helen in Blairsville. I've been to Helen many times and it's always been enjoyable, except for Octoberfest when it's wayyyy to crowded for me. It's a great place, but be prepared for the crowds in October. They're insanely huge actually. It'll take an hour to drive through the very tiny town that has no stop lights.

The food is great and the beer selection is very good. If you go during the summer, it makes a great family trip. They also have a very nice golf course. The entire region is great though.... much to see in them hills.

Try Amana Oktober 4-6.

Yeah, I usually go to that one every year. My dad's band always plays at the Millstream brewery on the friday night of the weekend. It's awesome and I always get smashed.

Back