Ok, I was bad, I cracked one 1.5 weeks early

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoreleiHI

Reaction score
Here's my tasty sweet stout. This is about 5 minutes after I poured (yay phone calls at the worst minute, eh?), and as you can see, there's still head.

It's still green, and the carb is a bit sharp, but overall it's good, and I know it will improve!

I'm brewing a golden this weekend, with plans for an Ocktoberfest and a Spiced Ale (and maybe something else simple thrown in there, too). I'm loving this hobby!

image-3944328772.jpg

Love it! I am a habitual early drinker. I saw a note on here the other day, someone went on about how you can't learn anything by drinking early and I could not disagree more. I am a serious foodie and I taste everything at every stage.... I take the same approach with beer. I taste malt, hops, beer at every stage. I love seeing how it evolves and I think it teaches you and informs your brewing. Drink early, drink often, brew more!

I always try one after one week of bottling, one after two weeks, and one after three weeks. Helps me monitor the progress.

Nothing wrong with popping them early... you can try them out and make notes about the changes along the way. What a terrible, terrible hobby...having to QC your beer... :D

Thanks!

It's funny, but my spouse keeps pushing me to get another fermentor so that I can make more--and she doesn't drink! But then, she also pushes me to buy more fiber than I could ever use, and even picked me up a copy of Skyrim with her bonus. <3 Which reminds me, I really need to pick up more RAM... >.>

Why yes, I'm a geek. On many, many fronts. How did I get into homebrew? The SCA! Heheh.

I definitely agree with drinking one a week to monitor the progress and learn. Heck, I even drink my hydrometer samples. I despise wasting any of it.

Back