Oklahoma OK homebrew permit question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drewch

Amateur Zymologist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I recently relocated to OK, and have a question about the OKLAHOMA ABLE COMMISSION REQUEST FOR PERMISSION TO MAKE CIDER/WINE/BEER.

I understand I have to have the form notarized and then mail it to ABLE.

3812 N Santa Fe Ave., Suite 200
Oklahoma City, OK 73118

Is there a fee for the permit?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Seems like that is for commercial sales. According to the AHA here, homebrewing has been legal since May 2010 in Oklahoma.

edit: I guess technically 90 days afterwards

I always find it strange that Oklahoma does this, but then again they are one of the holdouts in the bible-belt! 2010 they started to allow homebrewing beer while other states were legalizing mary-jane!

This thread has some discussion as well.

It sounds like a rule that is not enforced unless they see you doing bad things such as selling homebrew. Still, my luck would find that ONE officer with a chip on their shoulder!

I always find it strange that Oklahoma does this, but then again they are one of the holdouts in the bible-belt! 2010 they started to allow homebrewing beer while other states were legalizing mary-jane!

This thread has some discussion as well.

It sounds like a rule that is not enforced unless they see you doing bad things such as selling homebrew. Still, my luck would find that ONE officer with a chip on their shoulder!

I remember back in the early 70s (before Jimmy Carter signed the 'Right to Brew Beer' bill, or whatever it was called, I had been making wine for a while and had to keep records of how much I'd made.

There were Federal limits on how much you were allowed to vint, only for immediate personal family consumption, and not for sale or barter. The ATF could demand to see your records. IIRC all that paperwork went away when home beer brewing became legal. I've got my old logbook somewhere.

There is no fee for the permit and is 100% unenforced (the words of an ABLE agent). The only places that require it are some of the events where you donate and pour your beer - they like to be sure that there are no issues.

Slipping into political discussion, which is not allowed, except in the "Debate" forum. Multiple posts have been deleted. Please avoid political commentary if you want this thread to stay open.

doug293cz
HBT Moderator

I drive 80mph, on the freeway, the speed limit hasn't been enforced for a while, but I also know where the cops hide out and I show them some respect and slow down in those spots. I'm not going to suggest that YOU violate any laws, but If you want to make homebrew without their assinine permit, just be respectful of whoever enforces that, and if asked, simply don't answer. They can't enforce something without any evidence.

Back