Ohio Checking in

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tygerman

Reaction score
Wow! Great Site! Live in Boardman, Smack dab between Pittsburgh and Cleveland. Love the Burg! Go Pens! Go Brownies! although I may convert to the Steelers, I cannot take this garbage anymore.:cross: Work as a food service director in Canton Ohio. Thought one day about getting rid of the spare fridge in the garage that sits empty. Then I thought, Fill it with Beer! :rockin: Looked up Home brewing and found a supplier 20 minutes from work! The Grape and Granary in Akron Ohio. Awesome place, I was so impressed when I walked in, the entire front is dedicated to wine making and tasting. The back is full of brewing supplies. If they do not have it, know one does. I bought a starter kit the last week of May, I am about to start my 5th batch. Started of with their belgian wit kit and dry yeast. Amazing:mug: after a few weeks in the bottle. Side by side with a saranac brewing wheat, not my difference. I just fed my obsessive compulsive personality!

Welcome from rainy Cleveland, Ohio! The Grape and Grainery is an awesome place! Just made my first trip down there two weekends ago. Wish it were a little closer though...

Go Browns!

I'm originally from Youngstown, and grew up in Hubbard. I've been away a long time, but get back often for visits.

For a shorter run to a homebrew store, there's the Pumphouse in Struthers. He has (to me) weird hours, though. Like, closed from 1-3 on weekdays or something like that. He's got samples on tap, and he's got plenty of recipes and is a wealth of knowledge on the local homebrew scene. If you stop in there, tell him "that skinny girl" from way back when said hi. And his recipe for an English IPA was awesome.

I have yet to make it to the pumphouse, I am always at work! So it is easier for me to sneak away to the G&G. I willl get there soon.

Back