Oh...There's my whisk!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdp

Reaction score
the other part of california. Pines, not palms
Well, I can't post a picture, but earlier today, I was making an AG batch of a Blonde Ale I have made a few times. I searched all over for my big wisk and couldn't find it anywhere. Anyways, I pitched yeast into that batch at about 3 today, then went to put a batch of Irish Red into keg.

After I got everything cleaned up and sanitized, I went to transfer to the Korny, and after the beer dropped down a couple inches...You Guessed it, the handle of my good long wisk:drunk:. It has been in the fermenting bucket with the beer for almost a month. Oh well, maybe next time I will pay a little bit more attention!:D

oh, it tasted fine. I sampled about an ounce. But I think having another homebrew is what caused the error in the first place!

I am not worried about it, just thought it was funny and figured I would share my bonehead move in the beginner forum so they could laugh at me.

^ Your sense of humour is strained.

@jdp: if I laughed at everything out of the ordinary that happened during brewing, I'd never get any brewing done. Even though I'm not surprised, I am glad everything turned out okay.

I had to laugh at that. One time, I racked a beer and in the trub I found an airlock. Now, I still wonder to myself- "How did an complete three piece airlock find itself INSIDE the fermenter?" It's way to big to have fallen through the whole in the bucket lid. The beer was great, though.

I did that but with my white scrub pad - had it in the fermenter while sanitizing and put the lid on to drain out the fluid, forgetting about the pad. When to pitch the yeast some hours later and saw a nice white square floating on top. I fished it out and the beer tastes great - entered it into NHCthis year :)

Well, after all this time, I still have half of a keg of this stuff. The beer itself probably was pretty good, but it does have a metallic taste that I pick up but no one else seems to mind. So, basically, I save it for my friends. they are more than happy considering the ones that usually get it usually drink corona light.

^ Your sense of humour is strained.

@jdp: if I laughed at everything out of the ordinary that happened during brewing, I'd never get any brewing done. Even though I'm not surprised, I am glad everything turned out okay.

Are you trying to stir up trouble?

I've heard of trying to "whip up" a batch of beer before, but come on!

I lost a socket once in my MLT.

Never did find that thing. Must be in the compost pile somewhere.

Back