OH no! im dumping beer :(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustbucket

Reaction score
ok, well im dumping whats left of this beer... :(.. sadly this thing has to hell and back... well since im up in NY and the weather had been cold... the beer in my keg froze..., i did not know that until the other day i pulled it out and i could here a cube floating around and hitting the side.

anyways.. i have been drinking out of it the last month, and the beer tasted great.. but today i found out that it was the "good stuff" that i was drinking... all the alcohol and flavor... (prob why i was getting drunk so fast on it) today when i poured a glass it was all watery and very little flavor..(it was thawed out while i was rigging up a new system in the fridge) so i fair to say its time to ditch the rest, prob when i have time on Saturday. :( lucky there is only like a gallon to gallon and half left

has this ever happened to anyone of you?, just curious to see..

I think you discovered "Freeze Distillation" by accident. I see it referenced a lot in the Cider and Wine area of the forums. Not so much in beer.

I've been hanging on a hope and a prayer that this one keg i've got will turn around and suddenly start tasting good. I keep trying to "enjoy" a pint at a time, but its hopeless. As soon as I need the keg space i'm afraid its going down the drain.

Congrats! What you have left is now on par with the best selling beers in America.

The basic brewing guys when the did their "freeze concentration" barleywine experiment tasted the remains and describe it pretty much as you did. And did a gravity reading of it and it was like sex in a canoe. (You all know what that means.)

You're not throwing out beer, sounds like you drank the good stuff. So was it strong? Did you have any realization that you were drinking what amounted to an ice beer?

Back