oh **** lesson learned

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaSocialGuy

Reaction score
So it's a homebrew wednesday, a day that I bottle my beer. All things are normal, I rack my beer into the bucket while talking to my wife when all of a suden I have to pee! There's this weird noise I hear (**** I forgot to close the sipkit). I lost 7 12 oz bottles of beer. Please folks triple check your sipkits.
This is a good lesson learned.

So it's a homebrew wednesday, a day that I bottle my beer. All things are normal, I rack my beer into the bucket while talking to my wife when all of a suden I have to pee! There's this weird noise I hear (**** I forgot to close the sipkit). I lost 7 12 oz bottles of beer. Please folks triple check your sipkits.
This is a good lesson learned.

Are you trying to say "spigot"?

WTF is a sipkit?

Nevermind, I just Googled it: A SIP KIT is a house kit in a box (container).

WTF is a sipkit?

WTF does a pre-fab house have to do with bottling beer? I go back to your first question- Is he trying to say spigot? Methinks there was waaaay too much homebrew consumption involved with this bottling session......:drunk:

LOL @ this thread.

I admit to filling my bottling bucket with my "SipKit" left open. :)

When a puddle formed "Oh ****!" then close the spikit! :tank:

When you leave your spigot on and spill beer all over the floor, you then have to use your sipkit (a.k.a., bendy straw) to drink it all up off the floor! :fro:

Jesus christ you guys are ********!

The only WTF here should be at all of the ass hats that made fun of a guy's spelling instead of commiserating with him.

so WTF??????

I too have racked into a bucket with an open thingy. Effing SUCKS!!!!

Jesus christ you are all ********!

The only WTF here should be at all of the ass hats that made fun of a guy's spelling instead of commiserating with him.

so WTF??????

I don't think giving someone a hard time about some incorrect spelling labels everyone as ********.

Yes, male comradery can sometimes seem cruel, but its what seperates men from sissys.

Yeah, I'm a member of this club, few times as well.

I even have color coded the open side of my spigot handle with a paint pen, and I STILL manage not to confirm whether it's opened or closed.

Sorry dude, it sucks.

I don't think giving someone a hard time about some incorrect spelling labels everyone as ********.

Yes, male comradery can sometimes seem cruel, but its what seperates men from sissys.

Lol, well played sir! But standing up for the OP (who by now could be considered MIA, unless I am mistaken) is hardly sissy work.

Now a simple "Doh! that was dumb!" would have been comeraderie.

This:

WTF is a sipkit?

Went a little far!

Jesus christ you are all ********!

so WTF??????

Easy there, big fella. It is all in fun. Seems like you forgot your Prozac today, better double up.

Lol, well played sir! But standing up for the OP (who by now could be considered MIA, unless I am mistaken) is hardly sissy work.

Now a simple "Doh! that was dumb!" would have been comeraderie.

This:

Went a little far!

I always thought the text/internet geniuses should have come up with a sarcasm font :D.

FWIW, I too have not only left my spigot open when bottling more than once, I have left my kettle ball valve open when adding strike water to heat, among many other ball valve related SNAFU's while using my pump and MLT, lol.

Shìt happens.

Cheers!

I hear "house in a box" and instantly think BREWSHED! I swear upon the grave of someone else's favorite uncle that if I ever do build a brewshed, I shall name it SIPKIT, complete with a placard over the door. Hell, SIPKIT BREWERY even has a nice ring to it.

I can hear it now:

"SWMBO, I'm out in SIPKIT watching the game if you need me!!"

BTW, I left my spigot open for about 5 seconds just this past SATURDAY afternoon, spilling about a 1/2 gallon of cooled Hefeweizen wort all over the floor. I figure if you're in the club, you get to join in the ribbing!

:rockin: Thanks for greatly adding to the entertainment value of this thread, cheezydemon3! hahaha. Love it. :D

Also, if I were the OP I would absolutely name this beer "SipKit Ale"!

When we men get together and laugh we are usually laughing at the jokes and pokes made at each other.

When women get together they laugh about jokes and pokes made toward other female friend's who are NOT present!

if you cant tak the heet stay out of the kichen.

Or: PROOF READ YOUR POST BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE SUBMIT BUTTON!

:drunk::(:);):D:rolleyes:

Which is the sarcasm smilie?

kh54s10 said:
if you cant tak the heet stay out of the kichen.

Or: PROOF READ YOUR POST BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE SUBMIT BUTTON!

:drunk::(:);):D:rolleyes:

Which is the sarcasm smilie?

Lol. This was on purpose. Right? Heet? Before the Proof read in caps line. :p

LOL....

Comradery?
Its?
Seperates?
Sissys?

It's camaraderie that separates sissies from sipkits!! :D

Actually, camradery is an alternate spelling for the French word camaraderie.

Yes, you got me, I spelled separate wrong, and damned if I forgot the effing apostrophe.

I should have said pussies.

All nice catches!

Yeah, I'm a member of this club, few times as well.

I even have color coded the open side of my spigot handle with a paint pen, and I STILL manage not to confirm whether it's opened or closed.

Sorry dude, it sucks.

Aren't you the one whose thread on bottling beer is stickied in the other forum? I only know b/c I read it and followed your advice and don't have problems with spigots due to using a pressure release valve thingy like at the end of the hand transfer pumps. It is a good idea regardless of whose it is.

Also, alternative spelling = sbigots.

I was brewing with a friend a little while back and he had left the ball valve open on his MLT. That was... embarassing.

I've left the ball valve open on the brew kettle when transferring from the MLT. Lost a couple of gallons. That sucked.

Best beer I ever brewed...... of course.

SO MUCH TROLL!!!!!

Ive never done that with beer, but I HAVE done it with sanitizer, a few times. And yes... where is your bottling wand exactly? Is it with your uh.... sipkit?

In the dungeon of course!

1116385_o.gif

Back