Official Westchester County, NY Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their imperial IPA isn't what it used to be. They changed the recipie, along with the name...

Yeah no idea on release dates. If it's anything like castleton b6, rosso b5, and Apple Brandy frost monster we're looking at 2017 if we're lucky
Speaking of CL sours. Any word on whether they will be doing Sour'd in September again this year? I'm already planning a long weekend in anticipation.

To reiterate what I posted on BA: new batches of CdC, Rosso, Barrel Select Black were all on display on tap at Blind Tiger last week. I quickly chatted with Scott who said both Rosso and CdC will be bottled soon. It did look like Rosso was going to go first though since it tasted amazing and CdC tasted like it needed more time. Just my .02c I deciphered from Scott ' s speech who looked like he had quite a few when I talked to him.

They told me almost 2 years ago CdC was bottled... not that I actually believe anything the staff says anymore but I feel like maybe there was a problem with that batch. Maybe waiting for it to carbonate or something? Idk just seems strange how all these finished beers take such a long time to finally get released.

any westchestafarians want to get a bottle share going after sour'd in sept? I can actually make it this year! my buddy has a bar in tarrytown with a patio... just saying
Will there be another sour'd in September this year?

Yeah, I was going to post something similar in this thread. I emailed the brewery a few weeks back asking about another Sour'd this year, and Aaron confirmed they would be posting something shortly online about it. I will defintely be driving up again. Not sure if I'll be able to attend a share after (I was absolutely obliterated last year from multiple glasses of Flaming Fury), but I'm defintiely down to get a bottle share going in line before the event again. Was so much fun! Looking forward to seeing some old faces, and meeting some new ones!

swung by the brewery on saturday and turns out they were pouring CdC (we kicked the keg, so no more of that), Rosso (best batch so far), Barrel Select Gold (amazing as always), Barrel Select Black (smokey and wonderful...better than the last batch) if you went on the tour for $5. we weren't going to be around for the tour, so they let us pay the $5 to sip the brews and ended up giving us a private tour. Super amazing!!!

dat gold
IMG_20150530_133516_zpsebfnr11w.jpg

dat barrel room
IMG_20150530_134750_zpsprezyjax.jpg

Barrel Select Gold is so damn good! I hope they bottle that again, or pour it at the fest. Speedwayjim was gracious enough to trade me a bottle a few years back, and it continues to be one of my favorite sours CL has ever done. I wish I lived closer, looks like you guys had a hell of a time there Saturday!

swung by the brewery on saturday and turns out they were pouring CdC (we kicked the keg, so no more of that), Rosso (best batch so far), Barrel Select Gold (amazing as always), Barrel Select Black (smokey and wonderful...better than the last batch) if you went on the tour for $5. we weren't going to be around for the tour, so they let us pay the $5 to sip the brews and ended up giving us a private tour. Super amazing!!!

dat gold

dat barrel room
Had new CdC, Rosso, and Barrel Select Black at CL take over at Blind Tiger about a month ago and I thought this new batch of Rosso was amazing. Best yet. Now, the real question is: when will all these be released in a bottle?!

Wouldn't surprise me to see them come out at Sour'd end of summer, yes? Really just guessing but that is what all around here seem to think.

dat gold

dat barrel room
Awesome rundown!! Looks like a few of these will be seeing distribution as well.

I had no idea that was even opening. Taking a little risk opening that close to Lincoln Ave/Mount Vernon and being on the more dead end of Wolf's Lane.

Yeah, but almost right across from DeCicco's and just a couple blocks from the train. So there's that....

Only a 4 mile drive for me.

Baby-With-Rhythm-89881.gif

Was at DeCicco's Armonk yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to see CL Barrel Select Gold on draft, and was even more thrilled that they let me fill a growler. Saw some not so great reviews on Untappd talking about a lack of carbonation, but it didn't seem to be a problem with my pour. Wondering if maybe they got more than one keg, and one was off?

Was at DeCicco's Armonk yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to see CL Barrel Select Gold on draft, and was even more thrilled that they let me fill a growler. Saw some not so great reviews on Untappd talking about a lack of carbonation, but it didn't seem to be a problem with my pour. Wondering if maybe they got more than one keg, and one was off?

ooh lala...had some at the tasting room and thought it was on point. dat new rosso doe...

Need to get some of that juice. Hopefully draft and/or bottles at Sour'd as that will be my next extended stay in the area.
I will take a wild guess and say CL will sit on all their bottle releases until the fest. Worked well for them last time. And for us.

Back