Official Lambic.Info thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That label on the back is also an Oude kriek one :) But yeah I can't really help you, I never could make any sense of De Cam dating and labeling.

That label on the back is also an Oude kriek one :) But yeah I can't really help you, I never could make any sense of De Cam dating and labeling.
Thanks for that though :) this is one of the oldest bottles I've ever had had and the other one the date structure was pretty well known, so everything you said was news to me :)

Facebook is my goto comedy channel. Anytime you feel a bit stressed or sorry for yourself, 10 mins on Facebook or Tumbler will see you right again.

There's a queue of people yet from the past couple of days. Likely we haven't gotten around to stalking your profile to makes sure it's not a fake account. :p

I'm sure they're all just looking for info on the best webshops to buy Fou and/or general lambic shitlordery. Skip 'em and approve me!

So really? No additional info on that bottle or something I could look into next?

I checked my cellar, and my only Oude Lambiek bottle has a 2001 label (date crossed out) but I'm quite sure it's only a few years old. De Cam is notorious for using old labels (and in your case the back label is not even a label from the same beer).

Cool. Good feedback, thanks. The label is on the crispier side. Oh well. Still going to drink it this year. I guess a true blind taste test

Cool. Good feedback, thanks. The label is on the crispier side. Oh well. Still going to drink it this year. I guess a true blind taste test
I have a 2000 bottle (date crossed over with black) and I'm pretty sure it's a 2014 vintage (was sold as a '2014 anyway). Label most probably is 16(+) years old though..

I have a 2000 bottle (date crossed over with black) and I'm pretty sure it's a 2014 vintage (was sold as a '2014 anyway). Label most probably is 16(+) years old though..
That's good info. Also hallarious to me. It's it that expensive to buy more labels? 2014 I might agree it a little longer so this all helps, thanks guys.

Lambic.Info is hiring (free labor)!

We are looking to add two more ongoing editors/contributors to the project! Our main goal is continue generating new content about about lambic and keep the rest of our site up to date with the latest information available. We have several ideas for new sections of the site including, travel, cooking and pairings, deeper historical research on closed and retired brewers and blenders (including map integration), expanded bars and festivals section, and laws and protections related to the EU and lambic. We are also open to discussing any new research proposals or articles you may have in mind!

We are looking for team members with the following qualifications:

Required:
- Knowledgeable about lambic
- Committed to the project and its ongoing success through active participation in research goals
- Research oriented approach to writing
- Knows the difference between then and than (i.e., decent writing skills)
- Basic photo editing skills (advanced editing a plus)

Positives:
- Occasionally travels to Belgium for on-site research or currently living in Europe
- Knowledge of French and/or Flemish/Dutch
- Skills in MediaWiki or SEO
- Good photography skills

As an editor, you will have an account to access the site to edit/create pages, a Lambic.Info email address, and occasional scwhag and beer #forscience. If you're interested please get in touch with either Forgetfu or SeaWatchman.

Lambic.Info is hiring (free labor)!

We are looking to add two more ongoing editors/contributors to the project! Our main goal is continue generating new content about about lambic and keep the rest of our site up to date with the latest information available. We have several ideas for new sections of the site including, travel, cooking and pairings, deeper historical research on closed and retired brewers and blenders (including map integration), expanded bars and festivals section, and laws and protections related to the EU and lambic. We are also open to discussing any new research proposals or articles you may have in mind!

We are looking for team members with the following qualifications:

Required:
- Knowledgeable about lambic
- Committed to the project and its ongoing success through active participation in research goals
- Research oriented approach to writing
- Knows the difference between then and than (i.e., decent writing skills)
- Basic photo editing skills (advanced editing a plus)

Positives:
- Occasionally travels to Belgium for on-site research or currently living in Europe
- Knowledge of French and/or Flemish/Dutch
- Skills in MediaWiki or SEO
- Good photography skills

As an editor, you will have an account to access the site to edit/create pages, a Lambic.Info email address, and occasional scwhag and beer #forscience. If you're interested please get in touch with either Forgetfu or SeaWatchman.

Interesting
vh6dt2.gif
vh6dt2.gif

2gua4hj.gif

Does anyone have any experiences of the three 375ml Oct 2015 OG bottlings with the different amounts of 3F lambic?

21st- 30%
29th- 50%
31st- 40%

Considering a bulk purchase. Thanks in advance.

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls I’d like to take a moment to introduce the newest members of the Lambic.Info team. Both Dave Janssen and Alexandre Leduc are joining as new contributors and hailing from America’s attic, Canada, where they’ve agreed to take a break from their competitive curling careers.

Dave Janssen writes the Hors Catégorie Brewing blog (http://www.horscategoriebrewing.com/), and brings a wealth of knowledge about historic and current brewing techniques, beer styles, and Belgian beer in general. Dave moonlights as an actor at the local community playhouse. Typecast as “Bully Number 2”, Dave earns his keep by producing and acting in 80’s remakes of John Travolta made-for-tv movies.

Alex Leduc currently writes for Le malt incarné (https://www.facebook.com/lemaltincarne). In addition to adding another French speaker to the project, Alex will be helping as we continue to expand with new projects and ideas. That includes digging through the french articles currently in our bibliography and helping bring more of that content to the site. When he’s not obsessing over lambic, Alex is an avid moose hunter, maple syrup wrangler, and hillbilly hand fisherman. He also dances a mean Bastringue.

We are lucky to have Dave and Alex on our team. As far as i know, neither of them are on Talkbeer, but feel free to shoot them an email or reach out on facebook and take a minute to welcome them and test everything that you learned in your workplace harassment training. (Be nice though. After this election season, these guys are going to be our slumlords).

- SeaWatchman, Forgetfu, duketheredeemer , callmemickey, SwedishJesus, and jedwards

Last edited:
Last week at The Festival, I had an opportunity to talk with Jean (Cantillon) and Jean (Moeder) for a few hours on Sunday. We walked through quite a few of the recent beers that Cantillon has released as well as events and other interesting updates. I'll be continuing to update the group over the coming days as we add that content to the site.

For the first update, we did a massive rewrite of the Lambic Vin Jaune page. Check it out, lots of new lambic.info.

https://www.lambic.info/File:LaVieestBelge-bottle-1.jpg

LaVieestBelge-bottle-1.jpg

xx/xx/2015 375 LPK was indeed bottled the same day as the 75cl. 10th of september 2015.

They added a backlabel, not sure if that means they're planning to sell it to go?

Back