Official Lambic.Info thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone ever heard of a Cantillon without a cork. One of the members of a terrible FB group I'm in just posted his buddy bought one. Kriek Bio 750ml 2015 label.

I had never heard of such sorcery. No dent on the crown to suggest a recap.

shrug.gif

Anyone ever heard of a Cantillon without a cork. One of the members of a terrible FB group I'm in just posted his buddy bought one. Kriek Bio 750ml 2015 label.

I had never heard of such sorcery. No dent on the crown to suggest a recap.

shrug.gif

Saw that thread on FB and would have to agree with the rest of the folks. Probably just a misfire on the packaging line that made it all the way through distro.

I have a bottle of Armand & Gaston that's bottled on "12/10/2015." Don't see that listed in the Lambic.info bottle log, unless "10/21" is a typo for "10/12."

I have a bottle of Armand & Gaston that's bottled on "12/10/2015." Don't see that listed in the Lambic.info bottle log, unless "10/21" is a typo for "10/12."

Pic? Our bottle log came straight from a spreadsheet from 3F that I copy/pasted. There's a 10/21/15 bottle of A/G as well as a bottling from 10/21 that contains only 30% 3F lambic

Pic? Our bottle log came straight from a spreadsheet from 3F that I copy/pasted. There's a 10/21/15 bottle of A/G as well as a bottling from 10/21 that contains only 30% 3F lambic

I don't have a photobucket account or other fast way to upload a pic, if you PM me your E-mail address I could E-mail one from my phone.

So I have a bottle of Vigneronne with a 2001 cork but no bottling date on the label (pics). It does say L 7/02 on the back, however I know sometimes that can represent "lambic" (like in the case of LH12) but it could also be the brewing season. I highly doubt the 7/02 has anything to do with the date since it's a Euro label and they swap the month/day and there would be a 0 before the 7. Not sure what to make of it -- I just assumed it was a 2001 bottling but a couple people have been saying that it's possible they just used left over corks. Should I just contact Cantillon directly for info?

So I have a bottle of Vigneronne with a 2001 cork but no bottling date on the label (pics). It does say L 7/02 on the back, however I know sometimes that can represent "lambic" (like in the case of LH12) but it could also be the brewing season. I highly doubt the 7/02 has anything to do with the date since it's a Euro label and they swap the month/day and there would be a 0 before the 7. Not sure what to make of it -- I just assumed it was a 2001 bottling but a couple people have been saying that it's possible they just used left over corks. Should I just contact Cantillon directly for info?

Some of the earliest bottling dates stamped on the back of labels date from right around 2001/2002. What you're looking at the L7/02 is the lot number which callmemickey has more or less decoded. I see no reason to not think it's a bottle from 2001. Gold cap and foil match the time frame perfectly.

ETA: This would also be a new addition for the bottle log. Can we use the pics?

Last edited:
Some of the earliest bottling dates stamped on the back of labels date from right around 2001/2002. What you're looking at the L7/02 is the lot number which callmemickey has more or less decoded. I see no reason to not think it's a bottle from 2001. Gold cap and foil match the time frame perfectly.

ETA: This would also be a new addition for the bottle log. Can we use the pics?
Absolutely. I can take better ones if you need.

A friend shared this photo on FB. 2 weeks apart in terms of bottling date, but 10 years apart in terms of BB date.

Any clue why?

13781894_10209636852453651_3960225009583614939_n.jpg

Some front or back labels will indicate a lot/year number i.e. "L 1.99" or "L 1/06" or something like that. The years will occasionally be wrong when they have extra labels from a previous batch (or won't match the cork if they had leftover corks from a previous batch)--but typically won't me too far off.

The first number indicates the variety and bottle size. Some that I know of:
1 = 750 gueuze
2 = 375 gueuze
3 = 750 kriek
4 = 375 kriek
5 = 750 gambrinus
6 = 375 gambrinus
7 = 750 vigneronne
8 = 375 vigneronne
10= iris (both 750 and 375?)
11 = 750 st lam
12 = 750 fou foune
13 = lou pepe
14 = 375 st lam

Gotcha. So looks like it very well could be an '02 with a leftover cork? Or maybe it was bottled in '01 and labeled for release in '02...

I see a photo of an '02 cork on Untappd for that year but no back labels.

Btw, any info forthcoming on the new De Cam Nectarine Lambiek? E.g. bottle count, batches (if more than one), etc.

image.jpg

New bottle date for Oude lambiek, bottled on the Bth day of January 2016.

Weird can't seem to find the bottle logs for this beer?

It was all brewed in January of 2009. Even the bottles labeled 2016. Karel just ran out of accurate labels for their 2009 stock and had to use some others.

Hanssens Cassis Frambozen Lambic

Asked Tom Cadden who used to manage The Rake about this as they got one of allegedly only two casks that ever left the blendery. It was a test batch which was then abandoned. John Matthys felt it was too acetic apparently.

It has since passed into London ticker legend for being brutally sour.

Hey guys, need some help identifying the age of a bottle given to me. Oude Lambiek from De Cam. Bottle date on the back is 10.2000 but blacked out so I'm guessing they ran out of labels. You guys seem to have this kind of thing figured out. Any idea?

Back