off to sunny FL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2nd Street Brewery

Reaction score
Well it's 3:30am, I'm have awake and getting ready to head to the airport after a shower to fly down with SWMBO and my grandson to spend a week in Florida with some friends. I hate early flights:mad: Weather looks good, no delays yet. Taking my laptop but doubt if I'll be posting from down there unless it's from poolside. See you drunken louts in a week
:tank: :D

ahhh, Florida....

If SWMBO had her way - we'd be living there now (she reminds me every day that Disney is the largest IT employer in the state) ....I still like the seasons - even if we only get a few weeks of "winter" here!!! I really miss the snow, and since i can work anywhere there's an Internet connection - don't care if I can't drive (reminisces about the days spent in the woods, camping in a snow-packed tent with a bong packed full of snow - but that was another era ;) )

Just talked to my brother in Columbus, OH tonight and he said it was warm there - the snow melted before it hit the ground.....I said, "warm? I had to put shorts on today because I got hot working in the yard...." his comment resembled a Sesame Street episode brought to you by the letters F and U...heheheh

When it's Winter, I don't want it pretending to be cold...I want it to be cold, and if it's gonna be cold, then I want feet of precipitation piled outside my door...I get more work done in my home office in a day than in a week of middle management standing over my shoulder...being a salaried 24/7 no personal life compu-geek, I get paid the same, either way......

Peace,

Chris
http://db.etree.org/chorner

Hippiefreak said:
ahhh, Florida....

If SWMBO had her way - we'd be living there now (she reminds me every day that Disney is the largest IT employer in the state) ....

Inform her they pay crap though. Had an offer, laughed and walked away when I thought FL was my warm climate destination (1996 though).

Have fun 2nd Street!

Well the trip down was hell. Late leaving Albany due to snow and the deicer being busted. Got in the air but was diverted since Dulles in DC was fogged in. Ended up on the tarmac in Richmond Va for 2 hrs. Finnally got to DC an hour after we should have been in Orlando.:mad: Was able to make it on the next flight out at 12:45 and got into Fl at 3PM. Found the step daughter who flew down from Lejune to suprise Michael and go to Disney. Made to my buds house by 5 and spent the rest of the night sitting poolside drinking beer(well Mic Ultra, what can you do). Going golfing this afternoon when Rob gets out of work then more drinking, or a continuation of the drinking anyway.

Cheers:mug:

Back