Odd Question regarding Northern Brew online ordering.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrozenWinter

Reaction score
So with all this corona crap going around my local Northern Brewer is closed. They are still taking online orders though so I figured I'd give that a shot for getting some grain for a batch of beer.
I seem to be running into a problem though, their website only allows you to order grain by the pound.
If I order all my grain from them (unmilled and rounded up to the nearest pound) will i get a separate bag shipped to me with each grain or will all my grains be shoved in one sac?

Hopefully stores can start opening up again soon, so much easier to just go to the store and get what I need.

Yep, they appear to still be taking orders, but shipping is looking likes its 6 days out.
Guess I'll just have some extra of some of my grains. Looks like ill have to clear off a shelve in the brew crave.
Thanks!

More beer is about 2 weeks out from their estimation. But they offer free shipping still so I just grab from them honestly or from local. My local told me they compare they prices with moreB, which is really good, they just dont have the selection moreB has. But if they decide to get Dingemans pils, ill buy 2 sacks from them asap.

Yep, they appear to still be taking orders, but shipping is looking likes its 6 days out.
Guess I'll just have some extra of some of my grains. Looks like ill have to clear off a shelve in the brew crave.
Thanks!

Looks like you can it at Midwest in St Louis Park- an email form them:
"We’ll be operating with a ‘concierge service' rather than a curbside pick-up. You’ll place your order with our retail staff and they’ll pick the order for you while you wait. We’ll be practicing social distancing measures and limiting customers in the store and spacing out any line that may form outside. We’ll be selling our regular products as normal including CO2 exchanges, and milled grain. Please feel free to wear a mask if you have one -- we want to keep our staff safe and keep everyone brewing and making wine for a long time."

Yeah, I was just about to say that Midwest is open. Gas is cheap right now, so grab your mask and go get some grain :)

I've ordered from northern brewer and morebeer a few times over the last two months. Northern Brewer has about a 5-7 delay before your order is picked and shipped, after it's shipped the time to get it to your door is about normal. Assuming you're in the cities, probably overnight. More beer is taking longer to pick orders at about 2 weeks.

Back