Odd aroma in homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mappler

Reaction score
I have this buddy....no really...:) We've brewed together about 8-9 times.

He kegged a Brewer's Best Irish Dry Stout. It tastes very bland. The beer has an odor that seems to be a little bit like "Starburst" or maybe aritficial lime. My diagnosis was poor cleaning of the keg (first time he has used this keg). However, I decided to post in case this was a known off-flavor chemical not related to his poor keg cleaning...:)

Thanks in advance,
-Matt

I have this buddy....no really...:) We've brewed together about 8-9 times.

He kegged a Brewer's Best Irish Dry Stout. It tastes very bland. The beer has an odor that seems to be a little bit like "Starburst" or maybe aritficial lime. My diagnosis was poor cleaning of the keg (first time he has used this keg). However, I decided to post in case this was a known off-flavor chemical not related to his poor keg cleaning...:)

Thanks in advance,
-Matt

Fruity flavors can come from a high fermentation temperature, English yeast strains (especially if fermented warm), underpitching of yeast, and otherwise stressed yeast. It sounds like "Starburst" flavor would be very fruity.

Latest posts

Back