Octoberfest Ale Recipes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradfleenor

Reaction score
Hey all!
I would really like to brew something AG for Octoberfest but don't have a lagering set up right now. Plus it is a little bit late in the year to brew an Octoberfest anyways so, I was thinking maybe someone might have a Octoberfest Ale recipe that they would like to share with me or at least something that might fit the style or season.
Thanks,
Brad

Sorry brad, but there are plenty of recipes around. There are postings right now pretty much daily. Just look ;)

Thanks cobalt and Coastarine! I appreciate the links.
Tried do a search and didn't find anything that looked right. That's why I asked the questions that I did. Who knows, maybe I don't know how to fill out the search function or something. I just thought that this was a tight knit community that helps each other..... Go figure.

I just thought that this was a tight knit community that helps each other..... Go figure.

It is! It is! It is difficult to find a gentle way of saying "do a search". Mess around with the search feature a bit. The more time you spend on the board, the more you'll know what terms to search for to yield the best results. When I was looking for the same thing you are, it came down to BM's recipe or ed's. I had a tough time deciding, and I picked ed's. At the time I intended to try BM's in time, but ed's was so freaking good, I just have to brew it again.

+1 for BierMuncher's OktoberFast Ale. Quite nice, and well balanced.

Take a look through the Recipes Database under Amber Hybrid Beers, and you can find three quick recipes right there, including Ed's and BM's. You might even find a base Alt recipe that you can tweak with an ounce of Munich and a shift in hops and yeast. Good luck!

Honestly you could probably take any oktoberfest/marzen recipe and ferment with a clean ale yeast, but the two links posted are def. tried and true.

Hope it turns out well!

:mug:

I am going to be brewing the Brewers Best Oktoberfest Extract kit tomorrow without lagering it, I hope it turns out ok. I think it comes with Nottingham yeast.

This kit was onsale for $20 on Homebrewit.com because they are switching packaging, so I thought I would give it a shot.

+3 on Biermuncher's OktoberFAST.
Bottled, but still waiting for carbing to mature a bit more. Every other indication says this is an awesome brew.

Update: Took nearly 2 weeks to get approachably carbonated. Due to extended periods in the fermenter, it may be beneficial to add fresh yeast at bottling to speed it up a bit. If you've got plenty of time to age then don't worry 'bout it.

This thread is pretty old...anyone still brewing these? Do they meet any BJCP style guidelines?

This thread is pretty old...anyone still brewing these? Do they meet any BJCP style guidelines?

I currently have BM's OctoberFast in secondary. Used Wyeast 1007 German Ale, by all indications this should be a good one!

Latest posts

Back