Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meh. Clearly nothing more than The Flying Fig Leaf of Cover.
All of the sports leagues see betting as yet another revenue stream to exploit and don't give a crap how many folks stupidly bankrupt themselves.
Book it.

Ok…. Trash talk aside and let’s be honest here for a minute…. Can anyone really see the Pats losing another game this season, all the way through the Super Bowl? I can’t.

All is back in balance the way it should be and has been for 20 years…. Pats are back on top all alone (let’s face it, we are all Patriots)…. Packers? Terrible. Seachickens? Embarassing. Jets? LOL!!!! OMG…. I said “Jets”…. That’s funny.

We've been hearing it for a while: Big Ben is a has-been and is now just a washed-up veteran that should have retired before now.
The Steelers beat the division leading Ravens tonight on the last play of the game. Football just doesn't get any better than this.
It will still be a miracle if the Steelers even get a wild card playoff spot, but the next 4 weeks will be very interesting.
:mug:

The Steelers are awful.

That Ravens/Steelers game was a marathon battle of who could suck worse.

The only bright spot was the trash got out of the way and let the rightful #1 seed take it’s seat

True - and we do try to keep this thread somewhat "reality based" :D
I watched as much of the Steelers/Ravens game as my two youngest grandchildren would allow.
From what I saw, the Pittsburg Steelers will be out on the links when the playoffs start...

lol! :)

Buffalo fandom is not taking this loss well at all. They're calling for the coaches heads. I'm ok with that :D
And their road suddenly looks pretty rocky, having to face BradyCo this weekend, and the Patriots in Foxboro, along the way.
Could easily end up out of the playoffs entirely...

Given how the Pats have all of the Super Bowl banners displayed at the stadium, I don’t know where the heck they’re going to fit this year’s.

Ehhhhhh…. I guess they can scrunch em in a little. Next year’s? No clue.

Attachments

• 194C3EE0-3A09-47C0-9465-1FB07DDC0DF6.jpeg
    194C3EE0-3A09-47C0-9465-1FB07DDC0DF6.jpeg
    651.8 KB · Views: 2
Yup. Waay too many mistakes made in all three phases of the game by the Patriots.
Can't win like that...
The only thing I liked about the game is that they didn't just roll over and die. It took them too long to start putting things together - and an interception to end the half and another to start the second didn't help, but they kept fighting. Stop Taylor on that 60-whatever yard run and they have a good chance to get it back with good field position and time.

Well, just wait to see how bad the Bears are going to spank the Vikings!
It should be a real blow-out....

"Da Barez" are running out of time...on so many levels ;)
Yep, I turned it off. They really need to understand that running the wrong way makes it hard to score!:mad:
Yeah I'm that kind of fan, if I'm not enjoying it I don't waste my time watching.
Several times when I shut it off early they find a way to pull it out. So I figure I'm doing my part for those who do watch.

I basically keep games like this one playing in my office as background noise, but I do hope for competition, even if I don't know either team involved.
Not happening tonight.
C'est la football...

Cheers!

One day people will realize that football in the 2000's has only one purpose ... to take money from your pocket and line the pocket of someone who doesn't need it. The recipient of the funds spans from Urban Meyer to Tom Brady to Joe Buck. The importance of what they do rivals the importance of dust.

Ok…. Trash talk aside and let’s be honest here for a minute…. Can anyone really see the Pats losing another game this season, all the way through the Super Bowl? I can’t.

new england is 1-2 since this comment was made.

Look on the bright side, buddy, their next two games are against a hapless Jacksonville and the 7-7 Miami team... wait a second, Miami beat new england in the season opener...

Well how about that.

It's already clear that concussions leave lasting damage that can reach Alzheimer's levels.
Unfortunately - at least to this point - CTE requires an autopsy to diagnose...

It's already clear that concussions leave lasting damage that can reach Alzheimer's levels.
Unfortunately - at least to this point - CTE requires an autopsy to diagnose...
There was a hint - yesterday - that CTE might be diagnosed in the very near future - in living patients. But no indication of how they can treat it if they find it.

Latest posts

Back