Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tenor.gif

lmao! :D

Well, no matter what else happens (like, when your team's QB clearly "ain't all that") it's a good Football Sunday when the Cowboys yak up a loss :D

Is that what that went down in Houston?
So the Pats "aren't all that" any longer. Fine, stuff happens, I can deal - at least until next year.
Meanwhile I can enjoy Brady throwing picks on MNF :D

Last edited:
Today's game drove me to start drinking by halftime.
Cam is a "turrible" QB, and Gilmore went from first to worst at his position. He's now more liability than asset.
The rest of the team (such as it is) has to carry those two turkeys on their backs and make up for their multitude of eff-ups.
It was a miracle they won today - even with the spotty play by the Cards.

Meh.

Cooter must've hit the snow harder than usual to call a 4th and goal run play on their first possession of the game. Wth?

Followed by a failed 4th and two mid-field on 2nd possession? Bizarre...

Last edited:
Was all set to watch yet another meaningless football game tonight only to find out they started at 3:40 pm?
WTH?
Can't wait to see the Nielsen ratings on that game...

Pat's may not make the playoffs this year but watching them dismantle the Chargers is still entertaining. Only wish Rivers was still their QB :)

[edit] 45-zip - with a grand total of 139 passing yards?? I doubt most would have even considered that to be possible - in any football era. Crazy...

Last edited:
Gosh, was NE confused yesterday? Were they thinking that they'd already beat LA so there must be some error with the schedule.

Nah, Cam is just a turrible, turrible QB, and their rush ate him alive.
Can't win if you can't move the ball never mind score.
Can't move the ball if you're holding it for freakin' evah.

Given that truly offensive offense, I was surprised the final score was that close...

Gosh, was NE confused yesterday? Were they thinking that they'd already beat LA so there must be some error with the schedule.
As good as the Pats played against the Chargers - and every part of the game, except possibly the passing game, was spot on that night - they were equally bad against the Rams. Nothing went right, the defense couldn't tackle my dead grandmother, the |O-line counts stop the rush, giving Cam no time to check his targets, and the run came was all but non-existant, compounded by the fact they were playing from behind literally the whole game.

Enjoy 2020 then, because "We'll be back" :D

Anyway...this MNF game tonight has to be the wildest football I've seen in a long time. Every time I take a look someone has scored...

In the words of a dear friend of mine, "let's just fieldgoal them to death"....until the o-line finally gets it together and we send the Rams packing. Goff's face a few times was "oh owie my thumbie hurts" was precious. Although I don't think I have the balls to put a joint back together after it's been dislocated during play. I'll give him props for that but not for the horrendous coaching. Now to see if we can hold it together....

Without crowds, home field doesn't really mean much this year. That is, unless it's Lambeau, where the weather is also a fan. Testing my Super Bowl RIS...

Attachments

• 20210103_193335.jpg
    20210103_193335.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
Back