Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, so credit where it's due, the Denver D scheme was masterfully executed, and convincing evidence that defense wins championships.

It's pretty rare to see Brady get the yips but the total fail by the O-line made that almost inevitable. The Denver speed rush was as impressive as the dismaying failure by the Pats coaching staff to do something about it.

And that's what causes the most aggro: as awful as the Pats offense executed, and as unexpected as a Ghost miss that actually mattered in the end, what actually stings right now is the game was lost by the Patriots coaching staff. Time after time after time they made poor decisions, and it bit them just as often. It's a bit baffling how a staff that made so much out of so few working parts could screw things up that badly, but there we are.

Still...after all of that, frankly I think the Patriots get off easy by losing by 2 points. After watching the NFC game and the buzz saw that is the Panthers right now, there's every reason to believe the AFC representative to Superbowl Fitty is going to get macerated, and I wouldn't want my team to be the victim...

Cheers!

LOL. I just actually got two real mailing addresses...

That's hilarious.

No... seriously.... I would never send a Gay G-String-a-gram in order to deliver a dollar.

I honestly don't care how much it costs me

I'd pick a dollar out of a 70 year olds g-string as long as i won it from your ******* 4th quarter homer bet.

And just think! You saved all that money now from not going to California!

Ok, so credit where it's due, the Denver D scheme was masterfully executed, and convincing evidence that defense wins championships.

It's pretty rare to see Brady get the yips but the total fail by the O-line made that almost inevitable. The Denver speed rush was as impressive as the dismaying failure by the Pats coaching staff to do something about it.

And that's what causes the most aggro: as awful as the Pats offense executed, and as unexpected as a Ghost miss that actually mattered in the end, what actually stings right now is the game was lost by the Patriots coaching staff. Time after time after time they made poor decisions, and it bit them just as often. It's a bit baffling how a staff that made so much out of so few working parts could screw things up that badly, but there we are.

Still...after all of that, frankly I think the Patriots get off easy by losing by 2 points. After watching the NFC game and the buzz saw that is the Panthers right now, there's every reason to believe the AFC representative to Superbowl Fitty is going to get macerated, and I wouldn't want my team to be the victim...

Cheers!

In summation:

Pats blow.

Cheers!

"the game was lost by the Pats coaching staff" smfh

I can't really hurt so bad to admit your team isn't as good, can it? I mean you're not on the team, right? Gronk? Is that you? Bro!!! Let's go get a tat and chug pounders !!

But for reals, don't tip your hat then let the other side of your face say it was your coaches fault, bad form.

"the game was lost by the Pats coaching staff" smfh

I can't really hurt so bad to admit your team isn't as good, can it? I mean you're not on the team, right? Gronk? Is that you? Bro!!! Let's go get a tat and chug pounders !!

But for reals, don't tip your hat then let the other side of your face say it was your coaches fault, bad form.

Broncos dominated that game from start to finish on the field. If anything, the Pats coaches kept them in the game.

Broncos dominated that game from start to finish on the field. If anything, the Pats coaches kept them in the game.

Dominated is a strong word although given the forum, it's understandable. Pats have zero running game now and a sieve offensive line. They are pretty much forced into throwing on every down and Denver's D was just too good. Way too much pressure on Brady. He had to just throw the ball away constantly and he got tricked into a couple awful throws... which isn't like Brady.., All the more credit to Denver's D.

All of that said... they lost by a missed PAT in the AFC Championship game after winning the SB last year. Tough to be that upset about how they did this year.

Hey Cape, is my $1 going to come with a trigger warning? Just trying to plan out my week.

I'm shooting to get the $1 bills in the mail today. They'll be properly addressed to the "Local NAMBLA Chapter President" or possibly the "Committee Chairman of Legalize Beastiality Now!".... or whatever else I can think of. We'll see.

I'm shooting to get the $1 bills in the mail today. They'll be properly addressed to the "Local NAMBLA Chapter President" or possibly the "Committee Chairman of Legalize Beastiality Now!".... or whatever else I can think of. We'll see.

how about the local chapter for ISIS recruiting?

All of that said... they lost by a missed PAT in the AFC Championship game after winning the SB last year. Tough to be that upset about how they did this year.

Truth right here... You could extend this to one arguably bad 4th down decision - if they don't go for it and fail on the one 4th down attempt, but instead kick the chipshot FG... If all other things remained equal (yeah, big IF there), Gronk's TD catch gives them the win at the end, instead of putting them in position to try for the 2pt conversion to tie.

Either way - whether it came down to a freak miss by Ghost, or a bad 4th down choice, tough to be too disappointed in that coming off a SB win.

I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around how the Pats' O-line followed possibly their best game of the year with probably their worst... Is the altitude really that much of a factor? I didn't think Denver's front 7 were that drastically better than KC's. Better, yes. That much? That was a surprise.

Better line executing a better game plan. I think it's that simple. Denver knew they didn't have to really worry about the run and if they could have any decent coverage on the Pats receivers... Brady was going to get a ton of pressure really quickly... and that's exactly what happened.

I think going for the first down there was the right call. If they kick the field goal, they still need to score another touchdown in the next ~6 minutes. It doesn't really HELP that much, it just means that the game won't go to OT. If they were down by six, I would have kicked the FG but since they needed a TD to stay alive anyway - that seemed like their best chance to get one.

Better line executing a better game plan. I think it's that simple. Denver knew they didn't have to really worry about the run and if they could have any decent coverage on the Pats receivers... Brady was going to get a ton of pressure really quickly... and that's exactly what happened.

Seabass was getting killed, in part because of his bad ankle. The whole offensive line was terrible, so Denver could just rush a couple guys and still get pressure on Brady. It's not that different from what happened to New England in the Super Bowls against the Giants - when a team can get pressure on Brady without having to send extra rushers, it's killer. You don't have time to wait for guys to get open, and when they can double-cover folks it takes long for guys to find the gaps.

I was wishing they still had Shane Vereen around for some of those throws to James White. White's got speed, and the passes Brady was throwing weren't great... but it sure would have been nice if he could have come down with at least a few of those.

But they've got to fix the offensive line this offseason. The defense looks good, by and large. They could use another receiver and a running back. But if they want to keep Brady alive for another three or four seasons, they need to commit to making the offensive line be a dominant strength of this team.

Congrats on the moral victories, boys. Just think, had your coach not completely effed up that Dolphins game you'da had home field and probably won. Best coach ever? I don't think you can cost your team a Super Bowl appearance AND be the best coach ever. Kind of like you can't be the "GOAT" AND be incapable of throwing the deep ball. Super neat AFC champ game appearance though; hella rad.

As if his reputation wasn't already dogsh!t. He's a raper. Tallahassee PD should be looked at more closely. This crap with letting athletes beat and rape women has to stop.

As if his reputation wasn't already dogsh!t. He's a raper. Tallahassee PD should be looked at more closely. This crap with letting athletes beat and rape women has to stop.

$$$$ for college programs and pro teams >>>>>>>>> rape and assault

Sad, but true.

EDIT: strange that she had to use Title IX as a way to get compensation..... I would think actually convicting the rapist would be the way to handle rape. Not gonna say/suggest anything else.

Yeah. They suck now. 10 AFC Championships in 14 years of starting with six Super Bowl appearances and four wins

Yeah. They suck hard because they only made it to the AFC Championship game this year and didn't win a fifth Super Bowl.

LOL

I said they suck? Weird...I don't remember saying that at all. You are arguing against something I never said. That's just stupid. Insecure, so, so insecure.

Have fun watching the Seahawks get further dismantled next year from salary cap restrictions... like I predicted last year.

That 8 minutes of fame went quick for that team.

Are you equating your sports team's success to real life again? You should stop that...pick up dry cleaning while you're at it, son.

Just quit with the excuses and admit Denver is the better team this year......#1 seed, 2-0 v. the Pats, #1 defense in the whole league, etc. etc....

But, but, but -- injuries, missed extra points, coaches, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Denver > New England in 2015-2016

Pretty sure I did that. Not really sure what you're talking about.

But I'll play along too!

Whatever Hoppy, not-uh!! there is no way the Seahawks are going to trade for Brady and Gronk next year and put them on special teams!!

(There... Am I playing right? I tried to just make up random stupid shti too but I don't know if I'm doing it as well as you guys)

Back